turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My refund got accepted on 2/16 the next day I checked the IRS website and it said that they received it. Now the bar is gone and it says refund status error .

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My refund got accepted on 2/16 the next day I checked the IRS website and it said that they received it. Now the bar is gone and it says refund status error .

The IRS website, Where's My Refund, has not been updating as it should, so you might have your refund in your bank account even though there is no update to the IRS website.  It happened to my son, his deposit was in his bank account even though the IRS website still showed received.. So you might want to check your bank account.

From the IRS:

Updates to Where’s My Refund Status Delayed for Some

The Where’s My Refund app may show “Return Received,” even if we’ve already issued your refund. Your refund will not be delayed. There’s no need to call the IRS.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The IRS website, Where's My Refund, has not been updating as it should, so you might have your refund in your bank account even though there is no update to the IRS website.  It happened to my son, his deposit was in his bank account even though the IRS website still showed received.. So you might want to check your bank account.

From the IRS:

Updates to Where’s My Refund Status Delayed for Some

The Where’s My Refund app may show “Return Received,” even if we’ve already issued your refund. Your refund will not be delayed. There’s no need to call the IRS.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies