Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My federal refund was accepted Where is my refund advance

And the two accounts are linked so I don't know why I never got the refund tracker on credit karma

mcbridesid
Returning Member

Yes I have the same problem 

It's all very frustrating. I don't know who to contact to find out who has the accurate info or not. I just know turbo tax said my refund was recieved and accepted by the irs on the 24th/25th. The IRS updated my refund states to recieved this morning and I did not get any email confirmation about it. Credit karma has no information regarding my refund status and when I hit taxes it directs me to the turbo tax site.  It's just one big circle of wtf.

I would recommend calling First Century Bank and they can confirm if your in there system and if you’ll be getting the refund advance once the irs accepts your refund. Mine was accepted within a few hours of filing but when I call they said there just waiting for the irs to accept the return so I have no clue that’s going on. I also did all the steps listed regarding linking my turbo tax and credit karma together. I’m just waiting on an email that it was done and hope that helps. When you call the # press 4 before it starts giving you any options and that will get you to a love agent

No thanks to the professional tax experts I figured my problem out late last night and yes it's most certainly TT an Ck fault ..after filing out advance loan papers and opening a account I don't need with CK it takes me back to finish up my taxes. the option to split my refund was there and since I don't know CK I chose that and stuck X% into CK account and rest sent to my account. only what they don't make clear is that's done on  form 8888. which in the disclosure  and eligibility fine print is one of the forms that doesnt qualify for advance loan. but the process  is more than deceptive and clearly makes to think you have done all things beccessary to process tour advance loan you just need to click efile and digital sign ....but once that's done there is no going back. now your stuck. Stuck with a CK account you don't need, the lack of advanced funds you did need, a giant headache and stress for days,  financial obligations unmet on-time affecting home and family. It's sick what they did and I 100% think it was intentional 

Right because otherwise, if you weren't applying for the refund advance, you had no need to open up a new checking account and wait 14 days for a whole new debit card or split the money into different accounts in the first place. You'd have just had your money direct deposited to the account you already had. That makes absolutely no sense and that is down right disgusting.

SAME ! Filed taxes like always thru turbo, saw the advance option, took it, since I’m already with ck I didn’t think the advance part can be so complicated, wrong, no email sayin I’m approved, denied, how much, nothing. Message support on credit karma and always get the eligibility requirements as an answer to my question, credit karma states in all in turbo taxes hands tho, how ? My return was accepted in 3 days, I added my digital card to my apple wallet just send me the $$ so I can pay stuff already 

Has anyone gotten the advance is a good question?? Im having the exact issue and credit karma customer service said i need to link a bank account to verify my idenity. After calls with the bank then because i kept getting it linked successfully then an error. My information doesnt match from my bank..verified that to be false. Just so everyone knows here.. If u cant get a bank account linked to verify ur identity the rest of your refund cant be deposited either. I think im done with turbo tax now. Its been a good 10years but i read all these comments n they havent responded or helped one yet.looks.shady to me

NOPE HAVE NOT GOT IT YET! THIS IS CRAZY IM DONE WITH TURBO TAX FOR GOOD .  WE NOT GETTIN NO ADVANCE WE GOT SCAM BIG TIME AND ITS TIME TO SUE 

I am having the same problem. My taxes were accepted on the 24th and still word on my refund advance loan. Reached out to credit karma and turbo tax support 3 days ago. Still no response from either one. So frustrating. 

Man no lie, I think that “ advance “ caught them off guard tho like they didn’t think enough ppl were gonna actually go thru with whole process 

so to the level 15 most likely TT employee who says their lawyers are so slick we wouldn't be able to or "be hardpressed" to find a lawyer willing to take on a class action suit, you couldn't be more wrong. first thing I would have you do is familiarize yourself with :Section 5(a) of the Federal Trade Commission Act (FTC Act) (15 USC §45) prohibits “unfair or deceptive acts or practices in or affecting commerce.” This prohibition applies to all persons engaged in commerce, including banks. once you start to learn that the government has penaltys they will imply on any business involved and have placed safeguards for the consumer against shady practices such as what was done by Intuit. let's stop saying turbo tax and credit karma because the suit would go against the parent company the same network umbrella which is INTUIT. please read the entire description as hands down they are guilty without much arguable defense. So please take what I interpreted as bullying tactics to steal away from legal recourse somewhere else ....the reason for suits is not just restitution but TO MAKE SURE THEY DONT DO THIS to anyone else,and unfortunately in corporate America the only way to do that is to hit them where it hurts, their wallet. because I 100% believe the way the online system is set up is completely misleading and zero benefit to customer and often times not even at all, like in my case, what was being promoted. Intuit didn't mind hurting all of us in the process of worrying about their bottom line and the customer service end with answers after we're just a slap in the face, adding to the humiliation of "we were scammed"

I meant to attach a copy for you with last comment 

Screenshot_20220128-213821_Drive.jpg

I agree very misleading. 

...and just so we're clear my Attorney believes they are guilty of BOTH "deceptive" and "unfair", based on the posted definition I 100% KNOW they are 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies