Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dave3818

My Amended Return status is 'Completed' as on 06/14/2019 but still i haven't received any refund check

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

My Amended Return status is 'Completed' as on 06/14/2019 but still i haven't received any refund check

Amended returns have to be mailed in ... so when you check the IRS sight  what does it say ?  

https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return

I also have a completed status and it says if I haven’t received a notice in the mail and I want to speak with someone to call the number I spoke to 2 representatives and both couldn’t tell me anything. The last one said he didn’t see any offsets or balance due. 

@Ericka71 - did you check the WMR tool? 

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Mine did the exact same thing and it completed on8/19/2022. I had a message under mine that gave me a number to call if I wanted to speak with somebody. I spoke to someone who said that she didn’t see any offsets and no balance due. I asked again what about my refund, she said I needed to speak to the refund department so she said I’ll give you a transfer code that’ll you’ll give to the agent. Agent 2 says he doesn’t see a refund on there for me🤦🏾‍♀️ I don’t know what to think now 

Yes I checked the where’s my amended tax return and I have all three bars. But under there it’s a message saying if I haven’t received a notice regarding the adjustment and I wanted to speak with someone to call this 800 number

@Ericka71 If you are getting a refund for an amended return, the IRS does not make a direct deposit.  They mail a check to the address on your tax return.   It has only been a few days since you say the site said it was complete---you have to give the postal system a chance to deliver your mail if the the check has been issued.

Even during “normal” times it takes about four months for the IRS to process an amended return.  During the pandemic and due to the severe backlog at the IRS it is taking much longer—six months or more for many amended returns.  Do not expect quick results from amending.  When the IRS issues a refund for an amended return it will be by check.  They do not make direct deposits for refunds for amended returns.  You can watch for information here:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

ADJUSTED is step 2 of 3.

you have to wait for COMPLETED, then you  will know if you're getting a refund.

After that, IRS has to issue your check.

@Ericka71 

I just thought that the system was going to at least have a date that I would receive my check l was already informed that they wasn’t going to do direct deposit.  I don’t know what’s going on I just know turbo tax said I was receiving a refund. I don’t care if it takes until next tax season before it comes as long as I get my refund. Thank you everyone I appreciate your help 

if it is completed then any check will be mailed shortly.

I missed the fact that you already have three bars.

does IRS say "resulted in a refund" now ?

@Ericka71 

It’s still saying the same thing. It’s a message saying that I should’ve received a letter explaining the adjustment and if I haven’t and want to speak with a representative to call the number ext. 633 to speak with a representative 7:00 am to 7:00 pm

@Ericka71 

IRS has updated the 8/19  status.

check again and see if IRS now says "resulted in a refund" .

Ok thank you 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies