turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Joecat1729
Returning Member

Been 5 weeks since I sent in my amended return and the IRS shows it still hasn't received it?

Bull crap I sent mine in about 6 months ago and it's still telling me they have no information on it!  Although I owe them money which they will take but they as well owe me money and I can't through I can't all questions nothing but god forbid if you owe them they will take your house your car your first born child but when they owe you they don't know nothing pathetic I hate the irs!!!! 

•  
Yellow S

Been 5 weeks since I sent in my amended return and the IRS shows it still hasn't received it?

Have you received your checks yet?

No I have not received my check yet.

Joecat1729
Returning Member

Nope and I've heard nothing about my return

No nothing on my end. Still waiting 

Good Evening Guys,

I filed my amended 2020 return due me forgetting to file my health insurance information back and was received on July 20, 2021. I received a letter back in September stating that I was going to get my check in 4-6 weeks and now it is December and still nothing. I call the IRS and they said my account was on hold because I filed the amended return. It finally got “assigned to someone” on December 07, 2021(whatever that means). They said “they will leave a note to the person who is going to process it” and still nothing. They still haven’t updated the information on the site because they said it takes “up to 16 weeks to process your amended return”. To say that I am absolutely livid is an understatement. I am waiting for this money to pay off debt. I’m calling them now and will give you guys updates as I get updated. Thanks for letting me vent lol. 

I am in the same boat as you. My 2020 return had to be amended bc turbo tax accidentally put 2019 w2 numbers. Before I amended the return, I also got that letter that stated that I was going to get a refund in 4-6 weeks. 6 weeks passed and I called them and they stated that an amended return needed to be filed. After I amended the return, I heard nothing from the irs. I amended my 2020 return on May 17th that’s when it was received. I got a message back in November on the where’s my amended return site, to call a number bc it’s been over 20 weeks and my amended return hasn’t been processed. I finally get through to someone that seemed nice. She sent the person assigned to my amended return they had 30 days to close out the account. Called back in December after 30 days, I got a nasty IRS agent on the phone. She basically said that the person the note was sent to is backed up on returns and all I can do is wait. At this point, I figure I’ll get my 2021 tax return refund before I actually get my 2020 amended refund. It’s so ridiculous what’s going on. I don’t want to hear bc of COVID. They need to get their act together already. If I owed money to them, they would have garnished my salary and my assets. 

That’s what I’m so upset about! If we would have owned THEM money, they would not have taken this long to process it. I’m still on hold with the IRS, so fingers crossed. I was actually scared I wouldn’t be able to file my 2021 taxes because of this, but I did get clarification saying that I could because my initial return was accepted already. It’s almost guaranteed that we are gonna get out 2021 returns before we get our amended ones. Also I was told interest is about 3% on every month extra they take to process our amended returns so fingers crossed on that one too.

I hope you get some good info today! Keep us posted. Any news for all of us will help. 

AmyC
Expert Alumni

You can see where the IRS stands at IRS Operations During COVID-19. They are very backed up. This article shows original returns from April forward are still being processed.

I am certain everyone knows to check Where's My Amended Return?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The Where’s my Amended Return tells me to call the IRS. As I mentions previously it has been well over 20 weeks since they received my amended return. It has been 23 weeks and counting since they received my return. I am aware of all the delays, but we don’t receive any kind of communication from the time we send things in until we just randomly receive our checks in the mail. I have been told whoever is assigned has 30 days to process the return from the time they are assigned. January 18th will be my 30 business day mark from the time I hit 20 weeks of the irs receiving my return. They still have not updated the automated phone systems with this information and it is almost close to impossible to try and reach someone on the phones. As I previously stated, we will probably receive our 2021 tax returns before we receive our 2020 amended ones. Thanks for the info though. Much appreciated. 

"The Where’s my Amended Return tells me to call the IRS."

That's just a canned message, there's no point to calling.

IRS will send you a letter if there is something you have to do.

I mailed my return in April,  it posted in August and still hasn't been processed in December. It's ridiculous! It shouldn't take that long!

All that tells you is that they have it.  They've had mine since April. That is useless!

Would love if that was the interest they pay.  this march will be 2 years for me.  I filed an amended return for 2019 and they received it on march 3, 2020 and they still haven't gotten anything to me.  If it ends up being 3% interest a month i guess i can wait a little longer 😄

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies