Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is anyone else that filed in early-Feb still waiting for their refund to be approved? The IRS site shows the return was received but refund hasn’t been approved yet.

I filed my taxes on 2/2 and it was accepted the same day. The estimated date for my refund was 2/23, but that has come and gone with no refund and no update. The “where’s my refund” tool says “ We apologize, but your return processing has been delayed beyond the normal timeframe.” But doesn’t give more info and I’m getting worried.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Is anyone else that filed in early-Feb still waiting for their refund to be approved? The IRS site shows the return was received but refund hasn’t been approved yet.

My e file return was accepted on 1/29 and I still get the same status as you. Same apology. Mine was a simple return.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Once your return has been accepted by the IRS, TurboTax is no longer involved in processing.  

All refund inquiries should be made to the IRS.  Where Is My Refund 

There could be a few reasons why you might be experiencing a delay;

1. First, the status might be pending for security reasons. This may be a sign that someone is trying to use your identity to file a tax return. The return has been placed on hold to allow you to cancel it if it doesn't belong to you. This can take up to 72 hours, after which your return will then be forwarded to the IRS, or if applicable, rejected. If rejected, you can then correct the rejection issue and resubmit. Please see this FAQ for reference.

2. The Path Act

The PATH Act stipulates that the IRS must withhold refunds for filers who claim these tax credits until February 15. So if you file before February 15, you're owed a tax refund and you're claiming either the ACTC or EITC, your entire refund will be withheld until at least the February 15 deadline.

Note: These instances may be applicable. That is, you could have a hold for security reasons first. And additionally for verification of the refundable credits in your return. In this case, delays might extend beyond 72 hours.

Show Less

@rmladden

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I realize that TurboTax is no longer involved in processing at this point. I was just asking if others in the community are also experiencing refund delays with no explanation. Neither of the scenarios you mention apply to me. Thanks.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Yes, others are delayed.  Only the most common reasons for delay were listed.  Too many to list and then there are some "one-of-a-kind" issues, as well.  I suggest you create an online account with the IRS to follow the progress of your refund. 

IRS Online Account

@dqfhag

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I created an IRS account and its says that no information is available for my 2023 return. *sigh*

Edit: I downloaded the transcripts and it shows a process date of 3/4. We'll see what happens then. No reasons are shown.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies