Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS Wage and Income Transcript has No record of return filed

I did my 2019 taxes with TurboTax, I e-filed and the money I owed by the IRS was taken out of my account by the IRS. Today I checked the IRS site to see the 2019 transcripts,all transcripts had correct content except the Wage and Income Transcript, which contains just "No record of return filed". TurboTax should have send the W2 electronically along with the return, why did the IRS not get it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

The "Wage and Income" transcript has nothing to do with your tax return.   The information on that comes from the W-2's submitted by your employer or other payers that submits a 1099 to the IRS or SSA.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

That's obviously an incorrect answer. Turbo Tax took the W-2 electronically, which was on the tax return. So why is there no w-2 on the return as indicated by NO RECORD OF RETURN FILED.

same for me....other transcripts are correct but nothing for wage and income

@henny0687 wrote:

same for me....other transcripts are correct but nothing for wage and income

Once again, the wage and income comes from W-2's and 1099's submitted by the issuer of those forms.     It is totally independent of any tax return filed and would be there if no tax return is ever filed.

If nothing there then your employer never submitted or submitted it late.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I have a copy of tax return  for seniors2019  from the one sent paper form and not electronically

I understand that .

of course there is copy from w-2 -2019

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@Mohammed Eisa:  Hello!  May I get you to post your question here for further assistance?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
samkhuri

I had the same issue 2019 1040X it's been there since September 2021 still nothing no refund every month for about four months and every time I call like just wait another month today I get a letter from IRS stating that my employer never submitted any w2c to match what I'm reporting . I checked with my employer after reviewing everything it was found out that not only did my w2 disappear from them reporting website for my company but everybody else is just literally gone the whole record is purged . My company keeps records and receipts from the website whenever wages are reported and they gave me my receipts to show the IRS with the numbers each submission has a number so I've got all that I'm fixing to call them on Monday find out what the hell is going on because if my company's records have been purged I would have to assume that many others have as well which means there has been a major data loss with the IRS which is really really bad investigators I'm going to the media tax advocates and the Inspector General with this. Then I'm 67 years old many times throughout the years I have called the IRS it's been  the worst service this year that I've ever gotten by far

samkhuri

anybody reading this article or post  i have before posted please talk to your employer and see .. If you tax wages were reported properly if they still exist along with all the others..also tell them my story to see if their records have also been purged we need all the information supporting information from other sources we can to build a loss of data purge case against the IRS because this is serious

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies