turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS Rejection-"The IRS Couldn't Confirm John's Identity"

I e-filed my federal taxes and it has been rejected twice.

The first time was due to an error on last year's AGI. So, I pulled out last year's refund and found the correct AGI. I e-filed once again, and it was rejected with the same message, saying my AGI amount is different than what they have on file. I am not sure what else I can do here. Any help is appreciated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

One option is try entering a Zero for the 2017 AGI.  That has worked for some.  Another is to make sure you are looking on the correct line of your 2017 return for your 2017 AGI.  If nothing works then you would have to mail in your return because the IRS will keep rejecting your reutrn.

How do I find last year’s AGI?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301618

View solution in original post

2 Replies

One option is try entering a Zero for the 2017 AGI.  That has worked for some.  Another is to make sure you are looking on the correct line of your 2017 return for your 2017 AGI.  If nothing works then you would have to mail in your return because the IRS will keep rejecting your reutrn.

How do I find last year’s AGI?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301618

kilpaml

My Turbo Tax prepared taxes were rejected three times with 2 calls seeking advice. The AGI was correct on 2017. We cleared the cache. 

The Federal Tax forms were reviewed multiple times. I was encouraged to paper file ( say no).  Here was MY catch: I filed in September 2018 with an extension. The IRS CPA I spoke with believed most likely it was not 'accepted' by the October 10th (?)  IRS deadline, although eventually accepted, therefore leaving me with a zero for the AGI verification entry. I changed it to zero in Turbo tax and VOILA!

Reaching the IRS was not easy, yet found an alternate phone contact and sought out advice only a human could answer vs the endless bevy of automated. I hope this expedites assistance for someone else.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies