Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

JustinL

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

For those who are worried about direct deposit info showing xxx on their returns. It for security reasons that info doesnt show up after you efiled. If you efiled and used direct deposit as way to get your refund. You will automatically get it without having to fill out anything else. Hope this helps

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

I changed mines to my personal account didnt want to take any chances with this turbo card

Dud

I checked the Get my payment. It's how I found out it was deposited onto the old Turbo card. I still have account and routing for it, but I can't access anything without the actual card number. I can't reach TurboTax or IRS by phone bc of the call volume

VZ13
Level 5

@Msdmax 

Stop calling. The info given out to ppl is conflicting it all.

Go to the irs.gov website, click on get my payment. Youll need ur most recent tax info for 2018 or 2019. Good luck

I got the turbo card for the first time this year with the advance and when I checked IRS where my payment they said that they had no DD on file for me so I was able to set up one. Hope this helps everyone else in my situation. 

Yes they're coming in your bank account if you give them your Banking and routing information but lot of people use a turbo prepaid card fees came out through Santa Barbara Bank

VZ13
Level 5

@Dud 

You won't be able to reach any1 at turbo customer service. I tried. The only option to get ur money faster is to log on to the website. FYI it goes down alot cuz every1 is checking it.

I tried last night at 11pm and qas able to finally enroll for access online. This morning i tried checking balance same issue, down. Theres a service i read about. Where you might be able to send the Money to another green dot product. Im new to this product.

With bluebird from AmEx i can use a service at walmart for a fee called rio. I send money there and when they are ready you can pick up. There was a daily limit (its a card product). I sent myself 2000. 

VZ13
Level 5

@Dud 

You shud also be able to request a replacement card through the app or online. I saw the option last night. I setup direct deposit alerts. 

What is general funding deposit?

I got sent a prepaid turbo card because I was approved for a refund but it was kept because of school loans.

Is the card still active even if I didn't get any return?

JustinL

As soon as you start adding the w2 info it gives you a est refund on top. As you start adding more w2's and/or 1098 it will start changing. Especially if you are single, have no dependents, no deductions and didnt pay alot of federal (box2) taxes. They only ask for bank info at very end when all your info is inputted before efiling

VZ13
Level 5

@JustinL 

Sounds like you trying to file ur taxes. Are you trying to enter ONLY ur account info to recv the stimulus?

I don't know how to do cheers, so I'm saying cheers to that response. Like I said, must have a pile money

I owe turbo fee since they kept my return due to school loan does that mean I won't be getting my stimulus direct deposit ?

So if I efiled and just registered for the stimulus and gave cash app direct deposit how long would it maybe be because i done that 12 days ago almoat

VZ13
Level 5

@dhisto 

Based off my experience and what ive read turbo card/green dot is not getting deposits. Dont know if the irs is trying to verify the accts are valid. Go to the irs.gov website, click on the button that reads get my payment. You need your 2019 tax info. It will allow you to enter acct # and routing/aba

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies