Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

No I didn't use turbo tax in 2018 filling I only used them Three weeks ago for my 2019 filling.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

My account # on the 1040 matches my account # in Turbotax, I checked several times; that said, it's well past (by over an hour) when I normally receive my payroll deposit on the Turbo Card, and when I normally get my tax refund. Those of us waiting seem to also be those of us who used the TT card AND had fees taken out and/or an RAL, and it seems increasingly unlikely that's a coincidence. So I'm going to give it up and go to bed. If it's there when I wake up, I'll be somewhat surprised, but great. If not, then I'll wait and see what the "Where's my money" portal says when it goes live...because I won't have much choice lol.

Good luck to all of you. 🙂 

Not true a bunch I mean a bunch got it on the card. I'm following on face book and people have turbo card. 

Also, some of us will be celebrating a time honored holiday this monday... don't forget to stock up on produce friends. Greens are good for you!

Of course it’s Turbo Taxes’ fault. All of us that haven’t received the deposit yet are in the same group. We all had fees taken out, got the advance and have our DD on our Turbocard. It’s not just a coincidence.

As a company, Turbo Tax has not been forthcoming at all, issues the same statement daily to answer questions, and hasn’t solved a problem that they have known is a problem. 

The routing numbers on our tax form for those who get the advance is not the same that is electronically submitted to Turbo Tax. I guarantee you that. Santa Barbara bank issues their own account number and intercepts the tax refunds before we get them. That is how advances work.

I am glad you guys got your refund but for God’s sake don’t tell me how to feel about not getting it. You are not in my shoes and you don’t live my life.

I have not yet received my TurboTax card to activate it. Will they direct deposit my refund and stimulus check into my account if my card is not activated?

Patrick I have wells fargo and didnt get an ral and didnt get my stimulus and wont cause wells fargo already posted there dd

@Erikasterino I won't t(and didn't )you how to feel...but I will tell you that you are wrong. Others in this thread with TurboTax cards have already posted screenshots showing their credits.

@CMFlunk  they didn’t have an advance taken out dude. 🤦‍♂️ 

Go back and re-read my entire post not just the fact that I have a Turbocard.

Some of those same people also mentioned having had fees taken out and/or advances.

What do you mean you can "guarantee" the direct deposit information on your return is different from your actual account? If you check your return and check your banks DD info you can be certain...no "guarantees" required.

That's really good news but my question is if I haven't received my card yet to activate it will they deposit the money in my account still?

@CMFlunk  Not one of them mentions the advance. Fees yes but not the advance. The advance is the problem. Show me where one post that mentions they got the advance and still got the stimulus!

Nkaldo Yes if thsts the dd information on your tax return you dont have to activate your card for the account to be active. You just cant access the money without the card

Thank you that is the first direct answer I got some people were saying know your car has to be after the first everyone else just didn't know. So as long as they have my DD information taking still deposit my stimulus check and my refund but like you said I just will not be able to access the money until I activate the card does that sound correct?

Unless there's a search in topic feature I'm not seeing, I don't have time to dig through the pages to find it bruh. 🤷🏽‍♂️ But by all means, don't let me stand in the way of you stressing yourself out. As you were, sir.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies