Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

I know a bunch of people in chicago just theirs friday night..

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

If they paid their fees and didn't involve SBTG  bank, then that would be right.  If you had fees taken out by SBGT, the IRS sent your refund to them, I know, because that is where my entire refund went, then they took their fees and sent to my bank account, not a card, a real bank account.  IRS doesn't have that account, as they sent the money to SBGT...period.  

@Petey7311 , that's great news. Did they choose bank account direct deposit and to pay TurboTax from their Federal refund?

You had fees you owed??? 

brussill

What about if your state has your bank account info? I had a state refund, but not Federal refund/owing. So only my state has bank info.

Anyone know about this case?

Its possible my boyfriends mom got hers yesterday also. We live in SC and shes in NY. Dont know if that makes a difference but some people are definitely receiving them.

@brussill In that case, the Feds don't have your bank account info and I believe they will issue a check by default.  I think there will be a way for you to enter your direct deposit info on irs.gov, but I'm not sure.

There are many places that say the State tax process is irrelevant to the stimulus payments.  Sounds like you need to go on the check my payment portal this week and see what they have in the system...if it lets you update your account number then you're good.  My understanding is that you will be able to see if you have a payment pending in that system.  

Nene3
Returning Member

I entered my direct deposit info but taxes were taken. Will I still get the stimulus through my direct  deposit. I know I still qualify even though I owe back taxes. Just wondering  will they notice my direct deposit info even though  they took my refund 

@jeffsw  The IRS system may be scanning the tax returns and picking up the info from there. We have to wait and see. I couldn’t see there not being some kind of connection between theirs parties and the IRS

This is easy folks, if you filed with turbo tax and received your money tax refund on a turbo card from them then thats were your stimulus money will be deposited. If you filed and received a check in the mail then thats how you will get your stimulus money. If you filed your taxes and used your direct deposit to your bank then thats were your stimulus will be deposited. If" you have filed 2019 taxes in one of these ways

@rondalee111  It's not easy if you have researched this.  Hundreds of thousands of people are just like me...have a real bank account, no card, filed their taxes, had fees taken out by the 3rd party bank (SBTG) of Turbo tax.  What happens in this scenario is this:  IRS send the entire refund to SBTG..their account info, not yours...then SBTG takes out thier fees and sends it to my bank account info that I listed on my 1040.  Here is the issue...IRS sent them...not me...the refund.  My entire refund went straight from the IRS to them..I saw this myself on the SBGT site.  Bottom line, it isn't clear whether IRS has our direct deposit info or their system will recognize SBGT since that is where the actual deposit went to.  I am checking the portal when it comes up this week to see what info they have on me.  But, again, it's not simple if you understand the process.  

And God is all we need. Need more like you speaking his name.

@jeffsw  I’m thinking they have to have what’s on the tax return. I have two kids dependents, they have to be accessing some info from the return 

@Mroff  Yes, I sort of agree, but Turbo tax or SBGT can't give a clear answer.  The portal will be the saving factor though.  When it is up, you should be able to see if they have your payment scheduled and how.  If it says check, you can change it and put in your direct deposit info, so if that's true it won't be a big deal.  It may hold it up a week or so, but better than waiting on a check.  I would almost think like you said, IRS can access the info you put down for  your direct deposit.  This affect tens of thousands of people, if not more.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies