turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

Why do we get paper check when im sure most of us that used Turbo Tax got direct deposit? I cant wait months for mine. My family needs help now. How can u get a upfront loan for your stimulus check? For familys that need money now to stay afloat.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

If your old tax returns dont have your personal direct deposit info on the actually paperwork then its different than the 2019 taxes. I've already filed and received my tax refund and even though i opted to have my fees paid with the refund my 1040 form still has my bank info on i . 

So I believe thats where the mass confusion is (at least for me) not sure what info the irs has

JCAMMARA
Returning Member

I filed the 1040, included my bank info but on the off it's marked with ex's for routing, account, can anyone explain why, one answer I got , it might have been for security reasons, but IRS did accept it, any advice

Yes my bank said the stimulus checks should show in peoples bank accts around the 15th of april 

That’s what I am trying to find out if u look at the back of your card it does not say issued by Santa Barbra it say green dot 

Kruseml20

As long as you used direct deposit the IRS does indeed have your information and your stimulus money should be deposited the same way without you having to do anything further.  

@DaveF1006 So what you are saying is if my banking info is on my return I should receive the direct deposit to my bank, regardless if I l paid my fees through turbo tax and Santa Barbara?

Coming next week: Get My Payment shows Economic Impact Payment date, helps with direct deposit

To help everyone check on the status of their payments, the IRS is building a second new tool expected to be available for use by April 17. Get My Payment will provide people with the status of their payment, including the date their payment is scheduled to be deposited into their bank account or mailed to them.

An additional feature on Get My Payment will allow eligible people a chance to provide their bank account information so they can receive their payment more quickly rather than waiting for a paper check. This feature will be unavailable if the Economic Impact Payment has already been scheduled for delivery.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/treasury-irs-launch-new-tool-to-help-non-filers-register-for-economic-i...

Current option is ONLY for those NOT required to file and who will NOT file :

https://www.irs.gov/

1 irs.jpg3 IRS FILERS .jpg

@bertles0922 @Did you have your TT fees taken from refund?

I have a bank account by no deposit in my bank yet.

I used my debit card which is how my check from work is deposited is it where my stimuless check will go

Again if you did DD with your refund and had fees taken out by turbo tax you will 99.9% get your stimuls to the same account you got your refund on there is a less than 1% chance that the IRS will send it to santa barbras temp account the created to get the money we owed from them the government sent the 1st batch of direct deposits out on Friday I'm assuming they still have a bunch more batches to send out those of us whobwerent lucky enough to see it on Friday should most definitely see it between monday- wensday this week IF NOT BY THE 17TH IF you did direct deposit then use the new tool on the 17th to find out where the hell your refund is because every tax payer who do direct deposit I suppose to have their stimuls by the 15th 

Linklynn

The remainder of my refund was sent to my bank... however,  my Tax Return shows a METABANK routing and account number,  not my own bank. METABANK is the Santa Barbara Tax bank... so I'm totally confused!

I had fees taken out will I get my stimulus payment on my tubo card. 

So I should get my stimulus money on my turbo card then. Correct 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies