turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

I apologise I misread did you have the turbo card

Kavontay
Returning Member

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

No i have a chime card that i used for my return

I use a green Dot exceed debit card and that's what I used thru TurboTax for 3 years straight when I filed. As long as they have account and routing number on your efiled taxes, then your good to go. My card is considered a reloadable prepaid card but it's my main banking I do online. Just got notified that my stimulus is pending and will have access to it on the 15th. At least 20 others I know, same thing. If you call the number on back of your card, listen for your balance, and right after it should tell you if you have a pending deposit. My app itself didn't tell me, only when I called. Hope this helps! PS, when you e-file, even thru a second party, your banking info is still on your return so the IRS has it. 

I also use GreenDot, the app doesn't tell you if you have a pending deposit, call the number on back of card, listen to balance, then right after it will tell you if you have pending deposits and when it's available for use. (That's how I found out few hours ago). Santa Barbara bank is usually the back all prepaid cards are insured and go through. Hope this helps!! And as long as you filed with same direct deposit info as you did with taxes, then that's what they will use.

So because i chose to have yall take the supposedly free but then ended up having to pay to file fee out of my return there is no way for the irs to have my information to send me my stimulus check?

I keep trying to help people who are so misinformed, like you say, green Dot isn't the only one!! There's actually hundreds people use. As long as the card has a checking and routing #, everything is fine. Even if you went to a preparer and received their card (ex, Jackson Hewitt), they input that banking info on your return! So that is what the IRS will use. Santa Barbara bank is just what most prepaid card companies use for their insurance etc. I have a green Dot exceed Walmart debit prepaid card and had no problem. Hope this  helps allot of people.

Whichever way you filed, if you put down direct deposit info (can be any card with routing and checking #), on your taxes, doesn't matter if fees we're taken out. That doesn't affect anything. I just received my stimulus on the card I used on TurboTax. Whatever it says on your return, is how you'll get it. 

So if we filed and they took the money out of the refund but we used auto deposit were still going to get the stimulus deposited correct? 

I accidentally gave turbo tax the wrong account information, my maiden name instead of married so they mailed me a check so does that mean I can't update it for stimulus?

When I download my tax form that turbotax sent in to the IRS, it listed my routing and account numbers. So you might want to check that first.

do we still have to register with the irs

The IRS has your numbers! I was leary at first also until I called the number on back of my card I used for my taxes and it says pending deposit (tells me the amount), and that it can be accessed on Wednesday the 15th of April.👍

Yes, here is from the IRS;

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/eco

nomic-impact-payments To help everyone check on the status of their payments, the IRS is building a second new tool expected to be available for use by April 17. Get My Payment will

provide people with the status of their payment, including the date their payment is scheduled to be

deposited into their bank account or

mailed to them.

An additional feature on Get My Payment will allow eligible people a

chance to provide their bank

account information so they can receive their payment more quickly rather than waiting for a paper check. This feature will be unavailable if the Economic Impact Payment has already been scheduled for delivery.

O

I filed with TT and elected to have my fees deducted from my return. It seems that everyone who has received their payments so far have some sort of prepaid card, or chime, or something of that sort. Has anyone with a major or reputable bank received their stimulus money yet? I have chase, and nothing yet. Anyone with Chase get theirs?

josgal01

That makes no sense the rest of your refund went to your bank account so the irs should have your bank account on record.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies