Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

Alright guys I've been pulling my hair out over this and have spoken with 3 different turbo tax reps. It does not matter whether you had your fees taken by Santa Barbara or not. There is no third party involving stimulus. ONLY thing that matters is whether or not your banking info was included on your return. Check your return forms and look for your banking info. If it's there then you're good to go. If not then use the new portal or wait for paper checks. That's because there were 2 different deposits made from the IRS. One to Santa Barbara for your fees and the other to your bank. One went left and the other went right. Here's a very simplified answer from turbo themselves...

I Have Already Filed My 2019 or 2018 Tax Return

The first place the IRS will look for your bank information is your 2019 tax return. If you haven't filed yet, the agency will turn to your 2018 return. If either return has been filed and includes your bank information, you should automatically get your payment by direct deposit beginning within the next three weeks. There's nothing else for you to do.

KillRoy

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

Ok... So, if you saved the PDF file of your 2019 taxes, which is essentially a 9 page document will find the first page.

Bold font, top left 1040. Same page, top right corner, small print. For IRS use

Hang with me here. This is, in digital form, what the IRS uses to enter data into their system, that you supply to them. Ok... At the very bottom, last section, very first page...lines 19, 20a,b,c,d & 21...routing #, account #, type of account...TT is a big ole calculator, assistant, what have you. Replace Siri with TT and say, Do my taxes for me...

That's what you got...but, be thankful for them. Probably a lot more user friendly than "assistant" irs.gov would release...or any .gov for that matter. 

I think we're all on edge and overthinking things at this point. Just make sure your account info is on your return and have patience guys we got this. But here's the most simplified answer I've been able to locate..

The IRS already has my direct deposit information. Do I have to do anything else?

No. According to the Treasury Department, as long as you have filed your 2018 or 2019 tax return and included your bank information, your stimulus check will be automatically deposited into you account.

I t

Will I receive my stimulus check if I efiled with turbo tax?

Tank77

I know ppl that received their checks already. 

Tank77

Yes

Tank77

Yes. 

Real my stimulus go on my TurboTax card that I got my federal return on

Julibrn

How did you find that out?

Thank you so much.

I filed with Turbo Tax. I chose to receive the Turbo Card for direct deposit. Yesterday I recieved an email that stated my 1200 for Stimuls has been recieved and will be posted on the 15th. Luckily, that's also the day I get paid. So I'm gonna have a good bit of money that day.

Returning Member

Never again

Whatever account number is on your 1040 documents  is what they will use

TG46
Level 1

Turbotax just lost a faithful customer if I don't receive my stimulus payment direct deposit asap

O want to change my direct deposit to different account n u guy are not yive me my answer

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies