turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

This screen shot is from a link someone else shared. I will post it below. But if it is correct the people whose money was direct deposited through Santa Barbara Bank the IRS DOES have your direct deposit information. However if you had a check mailed to you or a debit card issued by Santa Barbara bank they DO NOT have your information and would be mailing a check. At least that is how I read this. 

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

F73755D2-45F3-409D-8344-CE6FD57947C0.jpeg

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

Somebody from turbo tax needs to give an definite answer. I called once already an was told IRS has our banking info. The so called experts are so much an expert 

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

It doesn't matter. if your bank information is on the return, you will receive a direct deposit of your stimulus check to your bank. Santa Barbara Bank will not process your stimulus payment.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Should we still be looking at deposits being made the week of April 13?   

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

We expect to hear a date from the IRS soon. We are all patiently waiting.

PilarB

I looked on my 2019 return that was filed to the IRS. It is indeed my own personal bank information. I feel co fident the IRS has the information. And yes, I opted to have fees paid via refund. 

I had  already filled it all out on line it and turbo tax they wanted me  to mail it! I did not mail it yet.

When I went to the new  link to do it for the stimulus  It asked me a few questions but  it didn’t give you a way to add the banking info!  It just said congrats you filled come back and see if it’s accepted or get an email from us. I did not file taxes in 2018 therefore they wouldn’t have any banking information from then. How will I get my banking info to them?

Can it be added  through amending what was sent ?? It just had xxxxx where all the banking info should be on the printed version of my taxes. I know they don’t have my information. 

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

@PilarB I am saying that if you had your fees paid from your refund, it meant that the process involved an intermediary bank. In that case IRS does not have your banking details. 

VictorW9, even if our 1040 has our banking information on it? We’re getting conflicting answers from the people who are “Experts” on here. Most say yes the IRS has our info, a couple say no. I don’t think anyone got their stimulus money today so we don’t officially know yet.

He is not an expert. Novice at best. The Federal Reserve would have addressed this issue. Not just turbotax   but  HR Bock , Jackson Hewitt,  ect.

I believe you’re correct; there has to be millions of people who are in this situation. Doesn’t seem like any stimulus money went out today, so I suppose all we can do is keep waiting and wishing.

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

@JLang87 I am just going by the question asked. If you paid your fees from your refund, then IRS does not have your banking details. How this is going to be worked out, is still being processed by the IRS.

What if i owed this year and I am not getting anything back. Do they still have my bank info? I filled with the free turbo tax.  

What if my 2019 taxes were taken by the irs. Will they go by my 2018 direct deposit information?

The irs will use the information on the forms turbo tax gives with the option to either print or download. If you filed with turbo tax and have the app. You can press the three bars in the top left corner/side of the phone and press tax home just to be on the safe side. Then close it and scroll down the page towards the bottom. There will be 6 or seven lil sections you can choose from and my Docs should be like the third one. Open it and you can see for yourself what routing and accounting # ‘s the irs has on file for you. If it matches you’re in the money. If not hopefully that portal becomes available soon.😬😬😬

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies