Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If TurboTax app says Thanks for payment and payment method was refund transfer does that mean that my Federal refund was approved and TurboTax got their payment from my refund? Please help I filed

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If TurboTax app says Thanks for payment and payment method was refund transfer does that mean that my Federal refund was approved and TurboTax got their payment from my refund? Please help I filed

No it does not mean your refund is approved.  Just that when (or if) the IRS sends it they will take the fees out.  But if the IRS delays sending it or keeps your refund or changes your return you still have to pay the fees. 

See What if the IRS reduces your refund or delays it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/payments/help/what-if-my-federal-refund-isn-t-enough-to-cover-my-t...

Then when the IRS does send your refund they won't take the fees out again.

So does Turbo Tax say Thanks for payment even thou it has not received the payment?  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies