Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

yunalesca22
Returning Member

If I authorized turbo tax to debit my refund, will I get direct deposit of stimulus?

I received my refund with my TT filing fee debited on Weds morning. I heard from some people that the stimulus check will be going to the Turbo Tax bank used for collecting filing fees and not my actual bank account SBPTG which it will bounce back and then I will get a paper check. Is this true? I am trying to log into my IRS Stim Get my Payment site but I am locked out each time. Did Turbo Tax share my bank account info with the IRS so I will get the 1200 deposit? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

If I authorized turbo tax to debit my refund, will I get direct deposit of stimulus?

Yes, you will receive your Stimulus Payment on your debit card.

It will take the IRS a little while to get everyone's Stimulus Payments to them.  We do not have access to the IRS's timeline, but we do know that they are diligently working on getting these out as quickly as possible.  

If you have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, there is nothing more you need to do. You will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit. You can sign in to your account to check your balance here:  TurboTax Debit Card Login.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
yunalesca22
Returning Member

I don't have the TT debit card. My refund was deposited directly in my account. Will my stimulus ALSO go into my accoun or to your bank first???

JulieS
Expert Alumni

Yes, the IRS will use the same bank information to direct deposit your stimulus payment. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies