turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

renae3810
Returning Member

I've entered the wrong bank institution name but the correct routing number and account number, will this affect my refund??

Regarding the wrong bank institution name on your tax return but the right account number and routing number

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AlanT
Expert Alumni

I've entered the wrong bank institution name but the correct routing number and account number, will this affect my refund??

No, this will not affect your refund.  As long as the account number, routing number and your name match, your refund will be deposited into your account.  The IRS knows the name of the bank based on the routing number.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AlanT
Expert Alumni

No, this will not affect your refund.  As long as the account number, routing number and your name match, your refund will be deposited into your account.  The IRS knows the name of the bank based on the routing number.  

renae3810
Returning Member

O ok thank you..are you sure about that???
AlanT
Expert Alumni

Yes, the routing number identifies the bank.  
Tsha91

Did you receive funds as expected? Currently experiencing this.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Tsha91 No, this shouldn't affect your refund.  As long as the account number, routing number and your name match, the bank should accept your direct deposit. The IRS knows the name of the bank based on the routing number and each bank is identified by their individual routing number.

Note: Once your refund status on the IRS shows "Refund Sent" it can take 1 to 5 business days for the financial institution to deposit fund into your account.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies