turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kay9
Level 2

I used 2018 Business TT and created my data. I have my print preview. Now, it says "file not found" - the program is still on my computer. What happened to the data file?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I used 2018 Business TT and created my data. I have my print preview. Now, it says "file not found" - the program is still on my computer. What happened to the data file?

If you in fact saved the file, it will be on your computer......somewhere.

Try searching your hard drive (and also any USB flash drives, external drives, etc.) for your 2018 tax file by searching for the extension, ".tax2018" (without the quotes). 

Kay9
Level 2

thank you.

I have tried that several times and it finds my Premier TT, but not the business TT.

Don't know what else to do!!!!?????

@Kay9 wrote:

thank you.

I have tried that several times and it finds my Premier TT, but not the business TT.

Don't know what else to do!!!!?????

If you in fact did not save the file, there is really nothing you can do at this point except to start over.

If you believe you may have deleted the file accidentally, you can try and see if the file can be recovered using recovery software, such as the freeware available at the link below.

See https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies