Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I still haven’t received my taxes, I was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue.

They got accepted in February.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

I still haven’t received my taxes, I was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue.

Yes. I filed mine in early March. Tried to track through the IRS & they couldn’t locate it. I tracked my state & it said it was deposited in my account on 03/19 & nope. Not there. 

many taxpayers are experiencing delays on their federal refunds but few on their state refund. 

check your return  - the direct deposit info.  if the state said it made a refund and it was deposited on 3/19, it would be logical to assume, but maybe not the correct reason, that either the routing number and or a/c number was bad.  the state would then get the money back and mail you a check. can't give a timeline for receiving it. if both are correct call back the state and ask for a refund trace. 

it seems you successfully e-filed the state. to do that the federal must be successfully e-filed. so I have no explanation of why the IRS has no record of getting your return. while IRS refunds are slow the WMR site should, after 3 weeks since filing, show accepted and or processing. 

you should contact TurboTax support to see what they advise. 

the one thing you could do is try to e-file just the federal again. if the IRS got the original which they should have, the second submission would be rejected.  

@kmccabe10 

The IRS WMR tool has had a lot of problems this year.   Up until a couple of days ago the IRS even had posted a paragraph online at the WMR tool that said their tool was reporting a lot of "not founds" in error.   They have now taken that notice down so I guess they think it's better now.

If you used Online TurboTax and efiled, you can look at your Tax Home and check to be sure the Federal efile was accepted.  But as Mike9241 said, it the state return was successfully efiled, then that would mean the Federal had to have been successfully efiled, too.

Of course, you do need to be sure you are entering the info correctly.

TIPS when using the IRS WMR tool:

• Be sure you have waited at least 24 hours after acceptance before using the IRS WMR tool.
  • Be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.
  • Be sure you are using only the Federal refund amount.   Do not include any state refund or any total refund or net refund (Fed and State) that TurboTax may have provided on a screen.  
  • Also be sure you are using the Federal amount before any TurboTax fees are taken out (if you chose that option.)
  • Look at your actual Federal return to get the Federal refund amount, i.e., your Form 1040, Line 35a.
  • You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for some users when the WMR tool didn't.  800-829-1954

If it's been longer than 21 days, we can tell you how to phone the IRS and speak to a live IRS agent.

If you want to phone your state tax agency to inquire about your missing state refund deposit and what happened, here's how to reach them.   Your bank may also be able to tell you if it received a failed direct deposit and sent it back.

FAQ:  How do I contact my state department of revenue?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies