Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have more than $10,000 in a foreign account I believe I need to file form 8938, after completing the entire interview (TT online version), I was never shown the form

This is using the online version of Turbotax.

I have more than $10,000 in a foreign account (Canada) I believe I need to file form 8938, after completing the entire interview (TT online version), I was never shown the form. I searched for this form using the search box and the explanation given by TurboTax is this:
1. Open or continue your return if you're not already in it
2. Search for 8938 and select the Jump to link at the top of the search results
3. On the Foreign Financial Assets screen, select Yes, I have foreign financial assets
However, after doing the search there is no "jump to" link/option at the top of the search results and hence I don't see a Foreign Financial Assets screen anywhere. Please help.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have more than $10,000 in a foreign account I believe I need to file form 8938, after completing the entire interview (TT online version), I was never shown the form

Screenshot using the online editions for 8938 Search -

Form 8938 TTO.JPG

Or click on Federal>Wages & Income.  Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Done with income.  There will be several screens to go through then you will land on a screen that asks 

Did you own or control a foreign bank account, trust or financial asset in 2022?  Answer YES.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Screenshot using the online editions for 8938 Search -

Form 8938 TTO.JPG

Or click on Federal>Wages & Income.  Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Done with income.  There will be several screens to go through then you will land on a screen that asks 

Did you own or control a foreign bank account, trust or financial asset in 2022?  Answer YES.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

You can access it by going to:

1. Federal>other tax situations
  2. Other tax forms>Miscellaneous Forms>
  3. prepare a report on foreign assets

@astral101 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you!

TurboTax should update their instructions as you MUST be in the Federal/Wages and Income section in order for the search to display the "Jump to" link, otherwise it will not show. The TurboTax instructions should definitely specify that you have to be on that section in order to see that link, otherwise the instructions are incomplete.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies