turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have files and the IRS has accepted the 2019 1099. My broker has just sent a revised 2019 1099. The figures are different. What do I do now.

how do I file a revised 2019 1099 tax file sent by e-mail

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I have files and the IRS has accepted the 2019 1099. My broker has just sent a revised 2019 1099. The figures are different. What do I do now.

You will have to amend the 2019 tax return that was filed to make any changes.

An amended tax return, Form 1040X, can only be printed, signed, dated and mailed by you to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed. The IRS will take up to 4 months to process the amended tax return. Wait until you have received the tax refund or the taxes owed have been paid and processed by the IRS before amending the tax return.

To access your online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show. Click on the Year and Click on Amend (change) return

See this TurvrboTax support FAQ for amending a 2019 tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-amend-a-2019-return-in-turbotax/01/123845...

Cris
Level 3

Hoping someone can help me.  I also received revised statements from Fidelity and Schwab due to a corrected qualified dividend amount 1099-DIV.  While using the Amend function within TurboTax (TT) the green refund amount on the top of the screen showed an incorrect amount (prior to entering the corrected data).  I would have expected the amount to show $0 prior to me entering any new data but it showed $943.  I believe the correct amount (after entering the corrections) should be $203 (note: I validated by keying in the corrected data into TT not using the amend function).  I opened a case yesterday and spent a lot of time showing the level 1 resource the problem (sharing my screen with her) TurboTax Case [case number removed].  She told me I should submit it to the IRS anyways.  She said it was probably related to the COVID-19 refund.  I told her I would NOT submit something to the IRS knowing that it is likely wrong AND the COVID-19 bill was just signed yesterday (3/27/20) AND I likely do not qualify for a refund.  So I am hoping that TurboTax reopens this case and fixes this apparent bug.

Cris
Level 3

Just to be clear I am using the downloaded Windows version on my PC.  The information you sent references the Online version.  I believe there is a bug in the Turbo Tax Windows version.  The case that I mentioned should have all the versioning information in case Turbo Tax decides to fix what I believe is a bug in their software.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Cris If the return was already filed, you will need to wait until it has been processed and you have received your refund or confirmation that any tax due was paid. (If you file an amended return while your first return is being processed, it can cause extended delays for both returns)

Amended returns can only be mailed. It is suggested that it be mailed certified with return receipt (or other tracking service) to verify that the IRS receives it.

You can check the status of the amended return here, but allow 3 weeks after mailing.

If the IRS would reject your return for any reason, then you would be able to go in and make any necessary changes to your tax return and resubmit.

How do I fix a rejected return?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Cris
Level 3

Thanks for trying to help.  To further clarify I have already filed my 2019 taxes AND received my refund for both Fed and State.  After receiving refunds I received a corrected 1099-Div.  The TT Windows version seems to have an error with the Amend function so hoping someone from TT looks into this.  I have opened a case and included the case # in my earlier submission. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies