Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I got an email from turbo tax stating my refund would be applied to a green dot card since I applied for an advance on my taxes. I wasn’t approved though so will my taxes not be coming to my bank

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I got an email from turbo tax stating my refund would be applied to a green dot card since I applied for an advance on my taxes. I wasn’t approved though so will my taxes not be coming to my bank

NO ... you asked for the advance with the rest on the debit card so the refund is slated to go from the IRS to the third party processing bank  to the debit card.  Just because you did not get the advance doesn't change the path your return will take.  

Lrpritchett35
Returning Member

I wanted to know the same thing because I was asked to choose another way to receive my refund due to denial and so I chose my bank direct deposit so why are we getting these emsils. This was prior to sending my return to the IRS.......CONFUSING

If you were ALSO rejected for the debit card then  you had the opportunity to change the refund's direction ... only you know what you choose as the alternative option.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies