Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I got a cp 12 letter that my refund was adjusted from 4358 to 4555 but it does not say when would I get the refund

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

44 Replies

I got a cp 12 letter that my refund was adjusted from 4358 to 4555 but it does not say when would I get the refund

Per the IRS:

• If you agree with the changes we made, no response is required.
    • You should receive a refund check in 4-6 weeks, as long as you don't owe other tax or debts we're required to collect.

Understanding Your CP12 Notice | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)

So I will be getting a check instead of a direct deposit to my bank account??? 

Did you ever end up getting it?

Leah20
Returning Member

I also received the same notice and was wondering if I will be getting a paper check because of the corrections made, or if I will still be receiving my return direct deposit as it was originally set up to be sent. Thank you for any information!

Leah20
Returning Member

Hi, did you receive your return? If so, was it mailed or direct deposit? I appreciate the info!

I recieved a cp12 with a date of 5-10 and I'm still waiting for my refund as well. I filed February 19th single 1040ez, simple. It's infuriating to continue to check transcripts and f*****g web tools so, I understand your frustration when people don't write back. You have my word that if I get it then I'll post the info. Please do the same, it will be greatly appreciated. 

Cristyc86

I got same cp 12 filed feb 12 got cp 12 notice may 24 showing adjusted amount stating i will receive in 4-6 weeks but no refund!! Has anyone else got theres yet

Nope I haven't yet 

You are in the same situation as many, many other taxpayers.

Leah20
Returning Member

Still no refund here...and also did not receive advance child tax credit payments that the IRS sent me a letter stating that I qualified for 😕 it’s like they somehow lost me in their system altogether?! The IRS retrieval tool still says that my return has been received and is still being processed. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

TheKid83
Returning Member

It says 4 to 6 weeks and im on 3 months past the 6 weeks 

Think I'm the same, talked to a lady 2 weeks ago. Allegedly took the freeze off my account but still no refund 

troyski901
Returning Member

Ok so It's 2022 .  March and I just received cp12 today with the same question you all were asking last year. So can anyone tell me if I will receive my refund Direct Deposit still and how long did it take you to get it

TheKid83
Returning Member

What year of taxes?  Last year or this year?   If you give  your bank info to have it direct deposit?  If so it will be direct deposit but it can still be months before you get it.  I eventually called the IRS and talked to a lady and told her I really need it.  She said she will give a message to that person who has my file and if I don't hear anything in the following 30 days call back but on the 29th day I went online and had a date of when Ill get it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies