turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

brainblox

I filed out the portal for the stimulus check for people who haven't yet filed taxes. Now that I tried to file taxes, it's saying I already submitted a return ??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

I filed out the portal for the stimulus check for people who haven't yet filed taxes. Now that I tried to file taxes, it's saying I already submitted a return ??

If you used the non-filer registration then you sent a zero tax return. The registration product was for people who did not have to file a 2018 or 2019 tax return. You won't be able to e-file your 2019 tax return. You will have to print and mail the 2019 tax return. 

You can check on your stimulus payment with the IRS "Get My Payment" application. Please visit Get My Payment

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

If you used the non-filer registration then you sent a zero tax return. The registration product was for people who did not have to file a 2018 or 2019 tax return. You won't be able to e-file your 2019 tax return. You will have to print and mail the 2019 tax return. 

You can check on your stimulus payment with the IRS "Get My Payment" application. Please visit Get My Payment

I cant get my identity pin from the irs website.  I cant e file without thay pin?

They asked for my credit card info which i had. Then they wanted a number affiliated with me. I did that and got rejected

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

You will not be able to e-file without the IP PIN.  You will need to mail a return if you are unable to get the PIN. 

@Tylerroussell

brainblox

Ah I see, thanks a bunch. Any tips on the best way for mailing and filing out? This will be my first time doing taxes without e-file. I know I'll need a 1040x form and my state's amend form, but I'm having trouble filling out the form myself. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies