turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

joel3313
Returning Member

I filed my taxes and was excepted on January 28, 2020 however today is February 10 and it still says processing I don’t remember it taking this long I know it says up to three weeks is there any

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

I filed my taxes and was excepted on January 28, 2020 however today is February 10 and it still says processing I don’t remember it taking this long I know it says up to three weeks is there any

My taxes were excepted on Jan 28th as well. This morning the bars at the top went away and my status went from "received" to "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available."

Mine was accepted on the 27th and it still shows processing. My friend filed February 1st through H&R Block and they got a deposit date for this Wednesday 🤦🏻‍♀️

The same thing is happening with my refund status. My boyfriend filed with H&R Block online and already has his refund. That's what I will be doing next year... 

joel3313
Returning Member

I’m defiantly doing hr next year ridiculous 

joel3313
Returning Member

Mine still say processing smh as well using hr block next year

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

It does not matter one whit who you filed your tax returns with, the IRS controls when and if a tax return is processed, refund approved and an issue date for the refund.

IRS released a letter stating refunds that had earned income credits and child tax credits were not going to be released until after February 15th. Those with these credits will not get their refunds until mid-end March.

@Kimmier I know a few people with EIC and the child tax credit who filed through H&R Block who have a DDD for This Wednesday 02/13/2020z

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Each return is different, so therefore each return has to be handled differently. 

You can track your refund using the Where's My Refund tracker located here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Some 2019 federal refunds are delayed due to the PATH Act

The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes Act (PATH Act) prevents the IRS from issuing early refunds on any tax return that claims the Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC) and/or Additional Child Tax Credit.

Congress passed the PATH Act because identity thieves frequently claim one or both of these refundable tax credits. The PATH Act gives the IRS extra time to detect fraudulently-filed returns, which helps identity theft victims get their legitimate refunds more quickly.

The IRS usually begins issuing tax refunds on returns with the EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit in late February.

If your return contains either of these credits, you can track its status at the IRS Where's My Refund?  site.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies