turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed electronically and have fees for turbotax of $120 to be taken from my federal refund. I found out today my whole federal refund is being offset, will turbotax still take their payment out or w

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I filed electronically and have fees for turbotax of $120 to be taken from my federal refund. I found out today my whole federal refund is being offset, will turbotax still take their payment out or w

What happens if the IRS reduces my refund to the point where it no longer covers my TurboTax fees?

If you get hit with a refund offset, what's left over might not be enough to cover your fees. Here's what happens next:

We'll send an email with instructions on how to pay your TurboTax fees (minus the Refund Processing fee, if any) by a certain date.

If the fees remain unpaid by the specified date, we'll send two more follow up emails asking that you either pay or request a deferment to prevent the fees from being automatically debited from your bank account.

Finally, if you still haven't paid by the requested date, we’ll send a final email letting you know that we're debiting the fees (minus the Refund Processing fee, if any) and that the auto-debit process cannot be stopped.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies