turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I E-filed using Turbotax on 1/28/19 and it's been 24 hours and it's still says pending. This has never happened to me before. Usually I've had my federal return accepted in minutes or a couple of hours. Is this happening to anyone else.

I know it can stay as pending for 24 to 48 hours, but that is rare. A few years ago I used TT to file my taxes and there was a batch that had to be sent to the IRS by Turbotax again. I'm hoping this isn't happening again. I know that IRS is backlogged, but please don't say that is the reason for pending.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
Cgirl
Returning Member

I E-filed using Turbotax on 1/28/19 and it's been 24 hours and it's still says pending. This has never happened to me before. Usually I've had my federal return accepted in minutes or a couple of hours. Is this happening to anyone else.

Same here I filed in 01/28/2019 and it still says pending. Does yours still say pending

It took 48 hours for me and my daughters to get accepted and we used taxact! So I wouldn't get worried yet! 

As of a minute ago it still says pending. I've been lucky in the past that IRS has always accepted my return in less than 24 hours. Last year my return was accepted within 15 minutes of my filing. This year my delay has been due to Turbo Taxes security. I'm happy they have high security and spot when something doesn't seem right, but to hold my return from being transmitted for 48 hours is too much.

I created a new account so I could file usi g Turbotax free. I usually pay but since I retired I didn't want to pay over 80 to file my taxes and I didn't want to have fees taken out of my refund. I did that before and had problems and a long delay. Since I created a new account TT thought someone else was filing using my info. They sent me an email that I had to resond to right away. I did, so there was no reason to put a hold for 48 hours. TT should have released it.
Pmk22019

Same here. Mine still says pending today. Does yours? This seems unusually long.

My return is still pending. It's 72 hours. They say between 24 to 48. This is ridiculous.

I just got my email. Federal accepted. Now I have the long wait for NY State to accept. NY takes forever.

Well my Michigan Return has been pending for over 10 days yet my Federal return was deposited in my bank account 3 days ago ???

Received by Turbo Tax: Saturday, Jan 19th 2019 12:31 PM EST
Received by Michigan: Wednesday, Jan 23rd 2019 1:30 PM EST
Filing status changed to: Pending Wednesday, Jan 23rd 2019 1:30 PM EST
I have never had anything like this happen before ???
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies