turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did not prepay tax, no refund coming, but still want the irs to get my direct deposit info for the covid stimulus. will turbotax still take and forward my bank info?

i know about the irs portal, but it's not working yet. i thought  to file my 2018 tax here, but would only bother if i'm sure they'll get my bank's account & routing for the covid stimulus so i don't have to wait months for a paper check.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SusanY1
Expert Alumni

I did not prepay tax, no refund coming, but still want the irs to get my direct deposit info for the covid stimulus. will turbotax still take and forward my bank info?

Yes, it does collect direct deposit information.  After you click on register, there are a few more steps.  The next screen will ask if you have an IP PIN for filing and then the screen after allows you to indicate how you would like to receive your payment. If you select Direct Deposit another screen will follow to allow you to input this information.  Those screens look like this:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Please use this link for your Stimulus Registration.  When you are on this web page, scroll toward the bottom and select, If you don't need to file your taxes this year.

sadly, it does not include any direct deposit information along with your name address ss# etc. so your advice may only help people who filed income tax with turbo tax or non tax filers willing to wait till usps brings the covid relief, but  thanks for trying 😑

.turbotax.noddask.jpg

thus, the original question remains;

will turbo tax be able to volunteer to the IRS our direct deposit information while filing our taxes here - if we are NOT expecting any other refund (besides covid stimulus).  so far all evidence i have seen is to the contrary. 

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Yes, it does collect direct deposit information.  After you click on register, there are a few more steps.  The next screen will ask if you have an IP PIN for filing and then the screen after allows you to indicate how you would like to receive your payment. If you select Direct Deposit another screen will follow to allow you to input this information.  Those screens look like this:

thanks Susan for staying with me on this, the "register" button seem to imply - that was it, because in order to get that far i had to create an account already that included my real name address phone(sms confirmed) and ssn, so maybe someone in site design should rename that button, or fix this by putting all pertinent entries on a single long screen so people like me unfamiliar with your websight - don't get nervous and bail out prematurely.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/coronavirus-stimulus-checks-irs-releases-new-simple-t...

anyway, it seems you guys are going to be busy with this now that the news is finally out and irs updated it's website to include a link to "intuit" who seems to be providing this service, so thanks;

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies