Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I completed my California state tax refund on January 30th and efiled. Why is it still have pending status throughTurboTax?

I don't care if it is a glitch, or an incorrect item in the form, the problem is that Turbotax has not sent our CA State Taxes in. All of us who did our taxes early, most likely expecting our refunds (and need them!!), only to be held up by Turbotax. I have used Turbotax for years and only had one issue with them several years back. That mistake cost me $800.  They need to send our tax forms to CA FTB. Turbotax's customer service has gone way down. Any question I asked "a Turbotax expert" they had no idea what my question was even while sharing the screen with them. I had no form issues when my CA form was reviewed and my CA passed review every time this year just fine right up thru filing.  

I just looked for my Federal refund and see that it is expected to be in my bank by 2/22, 2 weeks ahead of the expected schedule. This is fantastic, but I should have my State refund too. 

Anyone from Turbotax: Please help us. If we filed ahead of 2/12, you need to release our state taxes. Something is wrong on your side. I paid $190 to Turbotax that they quickly took from my bank account. There is no way your service is worth that. You should be bending over backwards to fix this. How many more people need additional stress in their life at this time? I am currently supporting 3 people in my home. I need these refunds. Hooray for Federal!! Like I said previously, my mom's taxes went through just fine for Federal, CA State and Non Resident WI State on 2/14. If I would have waited 10 more days to file, I would be expecting my CA State refund next week, not fighting to get my taxes filed by a company I paid almost $200 to do for me!! I am very extremely disappointed and Turbotax should be diligent and courageous enough and be replying to us. Come On...

AirNairb
Returning Member

I completed my California state tax refund on January 30th and efiled. Why is it still have pending status throughTurboTax?

Yep, add me to the list of early filers where the IRS has been accepted but CA is still stuck.  I did another family member's and both IRA and CA accepted their refunds within hours.  People need their refund money, get this resolved ASAP!

> But rest assured they are well aware of it and have a mitigation plan in place.

The mitigation plan should refund our money and still efile for us.  After all we are beta testers (more like alpha tester). the refund is not even cover the minimum wages the extra time we put into this.

HB88
Level 5

That likely will not happen, but at least for the immediate issues we are experiencing they are aware now at the top and working the issue.

If you want a refund you can certainly complain to them.

All i care about it getting my taxes filed and not having to deal with this again.

The lack of communication is the worst part.  I will never use TurboTax again.

some
Returning Member

The TurboTax representative literary dropped my call while I was speaking and explaining the issue. I waited for 23 minutes until I got connected. Completely unacceptable!

HB88
Level 5

Don't bother calling, they are clueless. The info I provided is straight from the Top of the food chain.

Just be patient, and I agree they dropped the ball on communication badly and if I was in their position I would refund everyone the filing fee they charged but doubt they will do such. At the end of the day when it is resolved you can make your own decision on next years return. I frankly never had an issue in the 10 years+ i have used them until this year

canned, as if innocent communication also sucks,

the BS claims of FTB is not pulling data from us.  How FTB knows who are filing and pull from you. It is TT pushing data to FTB.  They cannot even make their claim logical to sound make sense.

I literally was on the phone with them for 1 hour and kept escalating up for someone to tell me me to "Relax".

I got no answers no solutions not a single helping word. I frankly not sure what I am going to do.  They do not care and it is is so disappointing. 

Thank you, I'd appreciate an update

HB88
Level 5

don't call it is a waste of your time as i found out myself yesterday, and ignore these "experts" who have no idea what they are talking about.

The info i got is straight from the top.

Just be patient and expect a communication in the form of email or phone call by COB Friday.

I have the same issue my federal was accepted and not CA and I am extremely angry and frustrated with the lack of response on turbotax's behalf.

I didn't reach out to them though so should I still receive correspondence because they will address everyone stuck in this limbo?

Add me to the list but not just CA but also VA I file in 2 states and BOTH States are stuck pending for a week.

HB88
Level 5

Yes, they are well aware of everyone's situation. Just wait by COB Friday. If not an email it should be a phone call.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies