Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I completed my California state tax refund on January 30th and efiled. Why is it still have pending status throughTurboTax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

219 Replies

I completed my California state tax refund on January 30th and efiled. Why is it still have pending status throughTurboTax?

The tax return is Pending because the state of California has not pulled your tax return from the TurboTax servers.

The state was not able to pull the state return until the federal tax return that was e-filed has been accepted by the IRS.  The IRS did not officially open until 02/12/2021.

Thanks Donin. Should I just remain patient? My federal return was accepted today.

wastone48

I e-filed my Federal Tax on Feb 12 and was accepted on Feb 12.  Because of technical issues, I e-filed my CA state tax later that same day.  The CA return is still pending on Feb 16.  Is this normal or should I refile it someway?

@dennmatu wrote:

Thanks Donin. Should I just remain patient? My federal return was accepted today.

Yes, you will need to be patient when it comes to California tax returns.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue! FTB'S Check Your Refund Status site shows that my TurboTax efile has yet to be received. What is the issue with TurboTax? I have used TurboTax for many, many years and this is the first time there is been an issue. 

Why?  Is TurboTax not making the California returns available to California?  Fed Return was accepted on Feb 11, now it is Feb 17 and TTax still has not submitted it.

HB88
Level 5

This is not an isolated issue, and users on here or Bots saying be patient have no clue what they are talking about. Some have filed recently and it was accepted by the state so this likely has to do with errors in the form possibly on Turbotax part and ours will likely get rejected than we will have to fix and resend for it to get accepted. Turbotax needs to get involved here rather than leaving their customers hanging. An investigation is needed to find out if the form error is the problem

I have the same issue.  It is definitely a TurboTax problem.

HB88
Level 5

they won't admit it

I completed my taxes on 2/2/2021. On 2/12/2021, my Federal taxes were accepted. I have a refund coming from Federal. I am still waiting for my CA taxes to be accepted just like everyone else here. I have a refund coming from CA too. I completed my mom's Federal, CA, and WI (non resident) state taxes on 2/14/2021 using Turbotax. She was able to file for $0 since she beat the 2/15/2021 deadline for simple returns. My returns were itemized - maybe part of the problem?? Her Federal (she owes taxes), her CA (she owes taxes) and her WI (she has a refund coming) were all accepted by 2/15/2021. I would have thought that those in line from January and early February would be pulled starting on 2/12/2021. Apparently not. I agree that it seems that something is amiss on the Turbotax side of the house. I paid for the extra bells and whistles to support and protect me for $190. It would be nice to see some proactive action taken by Turbotax to assist their customers. I'm happy to be patient, but I want to know that technically everything is ok and they are working through this backlog of CA taxes from this particular Turbotax server. My guess too is that we are all expecting refunds and most likely need those funds. Looking at the Turbotax site, it still says if you don't receive an accept or reject within 24 - 48 hours that you should call them. I've now been waiting 144 hours. I figure I won't get any assistance given the high quantity of people who have contacted them and have gotten nowhere. Please help Turbotax!! 

HB88
Level 5

If they had people competent or implored with the correct information it would be useful, you will have better luck with the DMV at this point.

Why have customer support when they don't even have basic know how or information about what most are calling about.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update on my situation. I called Turbo Tax Customer Support who was able to verify that my CA Return was accepted and is currently on hold while they verify one of my deductions. It would have been nice to see a related status in Turbo Tax. At least now I have a status. 🙁

HB88
Level 5

Unbelievable, why would they need to verify a deduction after the fact when you File it. This should have been caught before you even filed it. This again proves a breakdown and lack of transparency on their end when a software update was not applied to some of us who filed early and are not in limbo waiting for turbotax to provide an answer.

which number did you call to get through to someone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, drawback from filing early! [phone number removed].  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies