turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I can't find my 2018 tax return, even though it's the correct account. The greeting even says "welcome back to your 6th year with TurboTax"

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
SamS1
Expert Alumni

I can't find my 2018 tax return, even though it's the correct account. The greeting even says "welcome back to your 6th year with TurboTax"

At you tax home, scroll down to "Your tax returns & documents". Click the show and your previous years tax returns will be their.  If you used the TurboTax FreeFile in 2018, that return will not be showing as the FreeFile is through the IRS.gov free filing service or if you used TurboTax Basic in  2018 and did not elect the Plus entitlement.  You would be able to get a transcript of your 2018 return through IRS.gov.  Click here to get your free online transcript.

Thank you so much! I went through the IRS site and got my 2018 tax return. 

I don't have "Your tax returns & documents" option. There's nowhere to scroll down to.

It says:

"Meghan, welcome back to TurboTax for your 2nd year! You're already 50% done! Don't worry—we'll help you update anything that's changed."

But there is no record of returns and documents whatsoever and I need to access them. What do I do?
CassLO
Intuit Alumni

If you used TurboTax Online version, first, make sure you're using the same TurboTax account (with the same username) as in prior years. Otherwise, the below instructions won't work.
If you're signing in for the first time this year, we may ask you some questions before you get to the Tax Home screen where you can access your prior year returns. 
You can use our account recovery tool to ensure you have no other accounts and help find those User ID's and/or passwords.
Please also see the TurboTax FAQ's below for additional assistance:
How do I access a prior year return?

@meggy91218

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies