Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I am to receive my tax refund on February 26 2020

I’m tired of checking my **bleep** bank account.. i hope they know it’s a lot of [removed] off people here

So does this mean that the IRS system is down or something like that?

This is rediculas. Some people are depending on this for bills and things. There mess up and now people have to wait in limbo for there money that was supposed to be deposited on 26th. I know me personally I have 3 kids and things get tight bill wise sometimes. And especially since my job ended around Christmas time and havent been able to get another one yet.

I logged onto Santa Barbara website and it shows that my refund was sent to them on yesterday; the fee was deducted and the remaining balance was sent to me, showing today’s date (2/26/20). Santa Barbara website states to allow 1 to 2 business days for the refund to show in my account. Although, the where’s my refund app only shows my refund was approved not sent. 

You can track your return with Santa barbara by clicking here. They will provide you with the direct deposit date once they have received the refund. 

When i called they said refund been sent to the bank but my bank hasn’t gotten it yet

I’m so drained from this today 

Mine says the same thing... 

User110

First, I checked with my bank who does not hold deposits for anything and was informed they have not received any deposit for me. Second, it is not the Government that some of you keep accusing, it is Santa Barbara bank. The deposit has been made to them from the Government on time as promised.  For those of you that have not gotten it to your banks yet, it is the waiting game and you should see it no later than Friday! 

Its because it hasnt really been sent yet.  I use american express serve and when we receive any deposits or ach sent to our account  it posts immediately.  Same with most prepaid cards and credit unions.  If they'd really sent mine already like they claim they have I wouldve gotten it immediately.  And I know because within 10 minutes of HR processing payroll I have my deposit.  Usually Wednesdays around 1pm.  They SHOULD have sent it by now but they haven't.

@aimeec254 

I called Santa Barbara Bank and my refund was sent to them on yesterday. They deducted their fee and sent the remaining balance to my bank today. I was told to give it between 24 - 48 hours to show in my bank account.

You can track your return with Santa barbara by clicking here. They will provide you with the direct deposit date once they have received the refund. 

I checked the Santa Barbara bank link you provided and it says my return should be sent to me today but I still havnt received it. I called my bank and there is nothing there. I just want to know if I should be worried. 

@CatG71 Thank you for this information! Very helpful to have the link, gave me all the information I needed. 🙂

@StephanieJean 

You shouldn’t be worried. Santa Barbara releases the refund and it will appear in your account in 1 to 2 business days. I was told if not tomorrow (2/27/20) by Friday (2/28/20).

@h3ll0kitty 

You’re welcome!! I understand how stressful the waiting game can be. 

We were supposed to receive ours today, on the where's my refund it said i"too be deposited on my acct today 2-26 to my bank." I've done this the last 2 years and never had an issue my money always came in the morning. I've talked to several ppl and there's all hit at different times. I called the IRS number it to said the same thing," it's too be in my acct by 2-26 " , on this website it still shows as accepted it don't show any updates. So I'm confused on why this isn't updated and why everything says were to have our money today but we don't. I also claimed my child but have the last few years and never had an issue, ik it was an issue that's why they didn't start sending out until the 15th of this month. So that's why some ppl are having a confusion because we're told a different response to everything were told should help us to figure it out. If anyone is also having this issue please update me and I will do the same thank you and I hope that everyone gets there's on the day there told we all depend on this money ik my family and I do. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies