Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I accidentally filed for Florida state return, even though I don't have a business or claims for Florida. Florida does not have state tax. Do i need to amend?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I accidentally filed for Florida state return, even though I don't have a business or claims for Florida. Florida does not have state tax. Do i need to amend?

You can ignore the Florida return as it will not affect your federal income tax return filing.

Further, since the Florida return in TurboTax cannot be e-filed, you did not actually file that return unless you actually printed and mailed it to your local county property appraiser.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can ignore the Florida return as it will not affect your federal income tax return filing.

Further, since the Florida return in TurboTax cannot be e-filed, you did not actually file that return unless you actually printed and mailed it to your local county property appraiser.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies