turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How long does it take for mailed check to come in the mail after IRS has sent it

What actually date or day you received it@candyqueen

How long does it take for mailed check to come in the mail after IRS has sent it

Mines was scheduled to be mailed out July 12th. USPS processed my address change July 14th. I thought my check was going to be sent back to IRS because USPS processed my mail forwarding after the check was sent out and also USPS would tell me they do not forward government checks so that would make me think even more that the check was gonna be sent back to IRS. But i finally after waiting a while I received my check July 26th and it was forwarded to my new home without any issues.

IRS scheduled my check to he mailed out July 12th and i received it July 26th.

@Candyqueen what state u stay in? mines was sent out on the 26th no sign yet and i still stay at my same address hopefully i received it by Wednesday or Friday

Im in Miami FL, give it till Friday if you dont receive anything by then contact IRS or your post office, you can also sign up for informed delivery it will send you pictures of your upcoming mail docs through email. Trust me I know how the waiting game feels. Good Luck!!!

They say give it up to 14 days because I called several times to make sure.. mine was sent July 26 I’m in va it should not take 14 to come from pa I’m frustrated 😒

3 to 5 days u must live close cause I would have had it by now

So it took 12 days of mail until u got it so I hope mine be here by Friday that will be my 12 I don’t think I can do 14 days I have things to do

Kob2408 hope we gt ours the same time they were issued out together fingers crossed by Wednesday or Friday they be here

Zy060911 you are correct the irs full of **bleep** and liars i think they didn't mail when they said it shouldn't take this **bleep** long on a check i dont care where u live especially in the USA last year it tool 3 days and i got the same address :(

Mines was mailed out July 19 2019. I’ve still haven’t received it. Contacted the irs they told me if I haven’t received it by August 16 give them a call back . This is so frustrating!

@Hottie33 which number did you contact them with? I'm supposed to contact them by the 5th which is today but idk who to call.

1 800 829 040 if that one don't work for you. I can get the number off my paper when I get home from work

Woohoo i got my check today thank goodness good luck fellas next year im e filing saving the headache 

That’s great hope mine come soon by the which a state are u in

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies