Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

user22063

How long after the refund date will I get paid

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@bbell1102  It is true!!! If you received a date from the IRS or State that is the date you would receive your refund.  The answers here are from volunteers, we don't work for TurboTax.

The estimated date TurboTax gives you is an estimated date on what the IRS states you should receive your refund with direct deposit,  barring no delays in forms or problems with your return.  Other software companies do the same thing.  TurboTax does not have control over what the IRS or State does with the processing of your return and refund.  You filed your return even before the IRS opened their system to start processing returns.  It has been stated on this forum & on the IRS website & internet that returns with the EITC/ACTC credit will have a delay in receiving refunds.  

The IRS expects the first EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by the first week of March, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return. Check Where’s My Refund for your personalized refund date.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

If you received a date you will receive your refund, then you should get it on that date.  If you had TurboTax fees deducted from your Federal refund it can take an extra day or two for that transaction.

bbell1102
Returning Member

Not true at all. I bet all these "answers" are copy/paste.

I filed in middle of January, and turbo tax told me, that I would get my refund 2/11/2020. Well guess what its 2/20/2020 and I still haven't received it yet. I didn't find out until a few days ago, that the IRS holds your return if you receive Earned Income Credit (EIC) until Middle/end of February for fraud/scam reasons, and then around now they will start to approve them and pay them out.

My refund went from a status bar to "We have received your refund, and it is being processed"

I've pretty much given up trying to plan anything around getting my return, since there are no more timelines anymore.

@bbell1102  It is true!!! If you received a date from the IRS or State that is the date you would receive your refund.  The answers here are from volunteers, we don't work for TurboTax.

The estimated date TurboTax gives you is an estimated date on what the IRS states you should receive your refund with direct deposit,  barring no delays in forms or problems with your return.  Other software companies do the same thing.  TurboTax does not have control over what the IRS or State does with the processing of your return and refund.  You filed your return even before the IRS opened their system to start processing returns.  It has been stated on this forum & on the IRS website & internet that returns with the EITC/ACTC credit will have a delay in receiving refunds.  

The IRS expects the first EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by the first week of March, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return. Check Where’s My Refund for your personalized refund date.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies