Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jbatzer7

How do I add a PDF document to my state form. The forms are completed and ready to file, but not filed yet.

I cannot get into the details of my state rereport to change it.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

How do I add a PDF document to my state form. The forms are completed and ready to file, but not filed yet.

There has been an article provided for you below. Refer to the article for help with your incomplete state document.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/incomplete-state-documents/00/67444

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@jbatzer7 

That link you were provided above goes to an old thread from 2016 that transferred into this new Community forum last spring (and thus says May 2019, when it is actually an answer for 2016.)   Some of the info in that old thread is no longer current.   I'll give you some new directions below.   I also gave you a longer answer in that other thread, so be sure to see what I wrote there, too:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/incomplete-state-documents/00/67444

I cannot help with your actual state return issue and what you are needing to do, but I can help you get back inside your return.    I'll tell you how to phone TurboTax Support below for the state return problem.  If you are using Online Premier you get free phone support.

As for getting back inside your return:

Does TurboTax think you were finished when you really weren't, so your return is closed?    If you have not actually filed anything (have not efiled or mailed anything), here's how to open the interview back up to get back to working on your unfiled return:

Log into Online TurboTax, and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2019, find and click a link "Add a State."   That doesn't really add one; it just opens the unfiled return back up.

If you need additional help with your actual state preparation issue, here's how to reach TurboTax Customer Support by phone.  It looks like you are using Online Premier.  Since you used a paid edition, you are entitled to free phone support.

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern), 7 days/week

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

If you don't get good results from your phone call, and if you want to find someone in this user forum familiar with your specific state and see if they can help with your issue, start a new thread and name the state and issue in your question title.   Naming the state in the title may attract someone familiar with that state and your specific topic.   If you do start a new thread, then right below the question title there should be a box to enter plenty of details about your issue.  But again, for your protection please do NOT post any personal info in this public Internet forum.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies