Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kcv8888

How do I get the complete PDF of my tax return when the one available is incomplete?

I filed both state and federal tax returns through TurboTax Deluxe again this year (2017 taxes) but for some reason this year's PDF is not giving me my full tax return for federal and state and their supporting back-up.  It's only 8 pages long (should be 100 or so pages) and doesn't include any back up for federal or my state tax returns and their back-up even though all of these have already been paid and filed through TurboTax.  I need the complete file for my records and it isn't available!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaR

How do I get the complete PDF of my tax return when the one available is incomplete?

Here are the steps to print your return and all forms and worksheets:

·         Sign back in to your account and scroll down and select Amend (change) return (You will not be amending, this is just a way to get you back into your tax return)

·         Select Amend using TurboTax Online

·         Once you're back in the return, select Tax Tools (left column) and then Print Center

·         Select Print, save or preview this year's return

·         Check the box for 2017 federal returns (this will open further options)

·         You can choose to print just the government worksheets or government and TurboTax worksheets (click on screenshot below for more detail)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PatriciaR

Here are the steps to print your return and all forms and worksheets:

·         Sign back in to your account and scroll down and select Amend (change) return (You will not be amending, this is just a way to get you back into your tax return)

·         Select Amend using TurboTax Online

·         Once you're back in the return, select Tax Tools (left column) and then Print Center

·         Select Print, save or preview this year's return

·         Check the box for 2017 federal returns (this will open further options)

·         You can choose to print just the government worksheets or government and TurboTax worksheets (click on screenshot below for more detail)

My return was filed in 2018, and my downloaded PDF is also incomplete, causing me critical issues because I need the print-out.

Unfortunately, this advice does not work.  The page throws a Javascript error in the Developer Tools console (error pasted below).  This was already an overly complicated experience to get your full return in PDF format, and it doesn't work.

As of December 2019, there is no way to download your full tax return via PDF.  This prevents a major issue for anyone who needs their return to file for a mortgage, loan, etc. 

As long as you can't get your return in PDF out of TurboTax, beware of using it.

Error:

tto-client.js:3 fnf.fuego.components.device-context: fingerprint ; data=getFingerprint: FingerPrint threw an exception, defaulting to empty; exception message: window.Fingerprint2.get is not a function ; undefined

@ojalsjk The system is in transition from 2018 to 2019.  Until that is complete, you will not be able to get to the full pdf.  In a few days the change will  be complete and you should then be able to access all of your worksheets, etc.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies