turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

HELP!!! PLEASE!!! TAX REFUND 2020 4464c letters "being processed" transcript processing date 3/2/20

If calling about the letter they’re just going to say you have to wait an additional 60 days from the date of your call due to stupid a** COVID frustrating as hell for sure. Not only that they ask questions like security type ones like where were you born as if they are going to help in some way just to be like sorry for the inconvenience. It’s a whole dummy mission trying to get information on anything at this point. 

HELP!!! PLEASE!!! TAX REFUND 2020 4464c letters "being processed" transcript processing date 3/2/20

Janedoes21- Did they say that to you?  That it would be another 60 days?? 

UPDATE!!! 

So i called the IRS this morning. (Yes , if you call right at 7.am they will answer) I finally spoke to someone in regards to the bull**bleep** we have all been dealing with about these 4644c letters from hell. Aftwr about 10-15 min of the rep putting me on hold she did come back to inform me that my Tax Refund is under review STILL. and due to the pandemic many departments within the IRS have been closed. She informed me that i should allow ANOTHERRRRR 60 days and the clock started on 04/02/2020 BUT there could also be additional delays on that 60 Review period as well.  She also informed me that there were no indications/notes that my refund was being held. She said because i have a 2018 return filed i should receive the Stimulus check that i am eligible for and that to this day they are having issues with their stim check system. She transfered me the Stim Check dept. And low and behold. There isnt even an option at all for a live rep. I tried every option in that directory. Took me 30 min to get through all of them  they all end with a dead end. But i am eligible so i should receive the stim money. 

In Short. I need to wait until June to even call back. And if this pandemic continues none of us should expect our refund money anytime soon.

Hope this answers some of everyones questions. 

Sdeean07

Thanks for the info! I received 3 or 4 of the same letters also dated Feb 11,13 and 13 just like everyone else in this entire feed. I filed 2018 with the same direct deposit yet I had to enter my info again when checking my stim status the first time. Makes so sense! Either way, we gotta wait... thanks again for this info!!

You bet. Any info i continue to receive ill post here until we all get through this. I too had to input all of my tax and direct deposit info the first time logging into the "Get my Payment" tool on the IRS website. Idk why and i feel that was a huge factor in why alot of us havent received them yet. Seems like the last few million people who havent gotten the stim checks all have similar if not the exact same scenarios. Hopefully more reps start getting in the office and they kick it into high gear.

Seems its time people should be talking class action lawsuit.

@tkrummy I’m sorry I’m just now responding I’m not getting any notifications on this thread but yes she said to wait another 60 days from the date of the call which now puts me at July 20th I believe sucks but apparently because of the “virus” I just don’t understand why they can’t just push it through they know we got hardships 

Also they not even doing direct deposits anymore they’re supposedly sending out debit cards for the stimulus money wtf is the difference between that and the checks considering they’re both going through snail mail like what was the point in putting in the bank info if they’re not gonna use it. Not to mention it’s no way to track it or know if it’s been sent or not like what’s the point I’m so sick of this bs 

tjoliver420
Returning Member

Any update cause I am well over the 60 days and still nothing!! I was accepted feb 6 and it's now june 6 

Not a **bleep** thing. I am at 124 days now. When i spoke to the IRS a few weeks ago the lady told me that id have to wait an additional 60 days and that clock had started april 2nd. My 2nd 60 day review period ended june 2nd (the date she told me). Still have no update to my refund and my stim check status still says the same BS. "You are eligible for payment, we will update you when we have a date" This shouldnt be legal. Pandemic or not, theyve been processing from home. They got 90% of stim checks processed and deposited so why tf are they taking so long to fix issues with system and process the rest of them. I doubt we will see any of the money. Refund and all 

I finally got through to The IRS, and spoke to a rep. She stated it would be another 60+ days for them to research and release my taxes. I Got upset and explained to her all the problems they caused by withholding them, she gave me a number to a tax advocate [phone number removed]. The advocate took my info, and said she would contact and request release. after a day she called me back and said she filed a release request, and the IRS had 12 days to respond by releasing the Taxes, or requesting more info which would be on 06/23/2020. as of today 06/22/2020 my status has changed and they have been released, stating they should be posted to my checking in between 07/23/2020-7/28/2020. Hopefully this is the end of this, Till next year anyway. Call the advocates, they are answering now!!, don't go through the IRS.

hey , is it possible if you can send me the advocate number please? Thanks .

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

The Taxpayer Advocate Service works in two main ways – helping taxpayers with individual problems, and recommending “big picture” or systemic changes at the IRS or in the tax laws. 

Individual Help

If you are having a tax problem that you haven’t been able to resolve on your own, our Advocates may be able to help.  You may be eligible for our help if your IRS problem is causing financial difficulty or you believe an IRS procedure just isn't working as it should. Read more about the kinds of cases we accept.

We have offices in every state, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. If you qualify for our help, you will be assigned to one advocate who will be with you at every turn. Our advocates work with the IRS to get your problems resolved. And our services are always free.  To speak to an advocate, call (877) 777-4778 or find your local TAS office.

Systemic Help

Some of the problems we deal with are not limited to a single taxpayer. The Taxpayer Advocate Service looks at patterns in taxpayer issues to determine if an IRS process or procedure is causing a problem, and if so, to recommend steps to resolve the problem.

Each year, the National Taxpayer Advocate presents an Annual Report to Congress, identifying at least 20 of the most serious problems facing taxpayers. In recent years, the key issues in the report have included tax-related identity theft, fraud by certain tax return preparers, and the need for a Taxpayer Bill of Rights (which the IRS has adopted).  If you know of a systemic issue affecting multiple taxpayers, please report it to us with the Systemic Advocacy Management System on IRS.gov.      @561flboy

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

every state has a different advocate I've posted a link. there's a map you click on to get the phone number for your state or further down there's a list of states you can click on and even further down, in alphabetical order by state, are the phone numbers. be aware that they are getting swamped because for several months the IRS was not processing paper returns and I'll bet even e-filed ones weren't being processed as quickly as they were in the past.   some claimed they filed in late January and haven't seen their refunds.   it may also be that the TA office in your state is not yet open.  good luck  

https://www.irs.gov/advocate/local-taxpayer-advocate

Niyaaa

Can you post the advocate info again please, it’s been removed

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies