Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

VZ13
Level 5

HELP!!! PLEASE!!! TAX REFUND 2020 4464c letters "being processed" transcript processing date 3/2/20

Applying for emergency stimulus checks must be completed by 5 May if you are on SSI benefits with children or receive the Veterans Affairs benefit.

HELP!!! PLEASE!!! TAX REFUND 2020 4464c letters "being processed" transcript processing date 3/2/20

Our 60 days was up on April 26, 2020. Nothing since we’ve received the 4464c letter. No live calls with IRS. So what to do? The Where’s My Refund still states it’s being processed. 
Have you received any change of status, an updated letter, or your refund? We’re at-least curious as to what the timeline is now with limited staff due to pandemic and other federal money going out. 

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Try reaching out to your local Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) office - these have not closed down, although some of their services are limited due to various IRS department shutdowns.

They are in the best potential position to help you, if anyone can.  You can find the one that serves your area here: Taxpayer Advocate Service.

@Brandyamos75 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have been reaching out to them for 2 weeks with no answer and no return phone call 

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

I am sorry that the TAS isn't able to help you currently, either.  I believe they are experiencing heavy volume but they are also limited in what they can do until other IRS departments re-open.

There is currently no estimated time for when the IRS will resume normal operations. 

VZ13
Level 5

@Brandyamos75  

Youll have to wait with all those that have holds. Sounds like no one worked our cases due to stay home order. Irs is working again but stimulus ppl are 1st i guess. Some are on hold since Jan 27. Mine are held sine 2.4 some recvd stimulus some havent. We have to wait for the irs to handle those cases

crazyfootballmom
Returning Member

Please be encouraged, they are starting to process them. 3 of my friends who are in the same holding pattern like all of us who are waiting just recieved there money. I just check and mine was finally approved. 

Hopefully yours is processed soon.

Ddmc

Hey so I got through to the IRS today and she said that she submitted a referral so that they can release my return but it may take 60 days 😭😭

How did you get through. What number did you call please

I filed back in early February.  It was accepted but then when my anticipated refund date came March 10th it went to Topic 152.  I then received a Letter 4464C with a date of March 13th.  It has now been over 60 days and I have tried all tricks to get a real person on the phone at the IRS since it says to call after 60 days if you have not heard from them.  Does anyone know what the heck is going on?  Thanks!

Did you ever get your refund?

What number did you call???

What was the date of your letter?  Just trying to gauge when mine would possibly show up.  Thanks

800 Phone number ending in 1040 they are available from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday thru Friday. The best time to call is early in the morning.

1. The first question the automated system will ask you is to choose your language.
  2. Once you’ve set your language, do NOT choose Option 1 (regarding refund info). Choose option 2 for “Personal Income Tax” instead.
  3. Next, press 1 for “form, tax history, or payment”.
  4. Next, press 3 “for all other questions.”
  5. Next, press 2 “for all other questions.”
  6. When the system asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, do NOT enter anything.
  7. After it asks twice, you will be prompted with another menu.
  8. Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
  9. Finally, press 4 for all other inquiries. The system should then transfer you to an agent.
DawnC
Expert Alumni

IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue.  See link for IRS operational status and alternatives.

To protect the public and employees, and in compliance with orders of local health authorities around the country, certain IRS services such as live assistance on telephones, processing paper tax returns and responding to correspondence are extremely limited or suspended until further notice. All Taxpayer Assistance Centers remain temporarily closed as are many volunteer tax preparation sites until further notice.  However, as of May 17, the IRS has delivered Economic Impact Payments to 140 million individuals and millions more are on the way every week.

Although the tax filing deadline has been extended to July 15, 2020, from April 15, the IRS continues to process electronic tax returns, issue direct deposit refunds and accept electronic payments.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies