turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will the IRS, keep all of my federal and state refund money if i have Turbotax process my two returns together?

I am paying IRS installment payments and don't want them getting my state refund.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

Will the IRS, keep all of my federal and state refund money if i have Turbotax process my two returns together?

The Federal and state are similar to two different business entities. One has nothing to do with the other in terms of refunds or balance due.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a question can you help me ? 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

How can we assist you @Anonymous ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So if I mailed my tax return and also did direct deposit but I have not received my taxes yet can the irs still see that I’ve done direct deposit will this show for my stimulus pay  even thought I have not received my taxes 

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

The IRS will process your return and the stimulus check using the direct deposit information on your tax return.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just mailed my taxes off on the 27 of March so question is did I have to receive my tax return in order to show I set up direct deposit will hit stop me from getting my stimulus check early?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay so even though it’s not showing nothing on where’s my refund  does not mean that they don’t have my information correct ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed my state by efile and received my state but I mailed my tax return. can the irs see my first deposit through my state file also ? Witch it’s the same direct deposit information on my federal return or are they different 

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Since you filed your return you will get a stimulus check.  You will get it as DDeposit if that's what was on your return. 

If you have your tax return it is listed on page 2 of your 1040 on lines 21 b & c

It is also noted at the top of the filing Instructions.

Otherwise, you will get a check.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so I mailed my taxe return in and put down direct deposit but I have not received my taxes yet if the stimulus checks are sent off befor I get my taxes can I still receive my stimulus check direct deposit and not have to wait for a check ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So for example I send my tax return off on the 27 of March and On my where’s my refund it’s not showing but just because it’s not showing nothing doesn’t mean they do not have my information far as direct deposit for my stimulus pay 

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

If you filed a paper return, you should allow 4 weeks before checking the status. Refund processing time is 6 to 8 weeks from the date the IRS receives your tax return.  Stimulus checks are not scheduled to mailed out until well after your return should be process, so you should receive your payment by direct deposit.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies