turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Has anyone received their refunds this year with earned income tax credit I filed January 27 and accepted January 28th 2020

I can't even get my payment tool to work I didn't file in 2018 I'm about to go crazy 

Jmspruett72
Returning Member

Has anyone received their refunds this year with earned income tax credit I filed January 27 and accepted January 28th 2020

I didnt file in 2018 either. But i filled a 2019 tax return in february. Thats what they went off of. If your getting the "TRY AGAIN LATER" message then try putting the address exactly the way it is on your return. All the caps spaces EVERYTHING identical.and make sure to wait a full 24 hours before you try again...because it will lock you out and give you the try back later error. It will tell you your info is not on file. Thats what i did and i got in finally. The 24 hour thing is likely what it is

@Jmspruett72  I'll definitely try that thank you 

@Jmspruett72 can you please tell me what information you put in? Every time I put in 2019 Information they can't find it.. I filed on January 29th 2020 and it went through on the turbotax side but not the IRS 

Hey everyone. Quick update. I filed my taxes january 31, 2020. Still have not received my federal or state refund I'm still on processing with tax topic 152. I did receive a stimulus check to my DIRECT DEPOSIT. ●IMPORTANT INFO->  the stimulus deposit was deposited into my current bank account with chase. Back in 2018 when I filed I did not file any direct deposit because I did not have a banking received both refunds by mail as check form. SOOO clearly they have my tax I filed this year or else there would be no way for me to have gotten the stimulus check, other than mail.  Hoping by the end of this month I change to having a direct deposit date. Goodluck to everyone waiting and stay safe everyone. 

Filed January 26th, accepted on the 27th. No return, still says processing. I have received my state return, the stimulus and my unemployment bonus, but still no federal return. I do realize that if you claimed EIC or CTC that your return will not be processed until February 27th. Okay fine. April 24th and still nothing. I have relatives and friends who claimed everything and filed mid February and they all got their return beginning to mid March. But I am still stuck in the IRS limbo, why? Bad luck? I called the IRS mid March and they said "still processing, cannot give you exact date". He said everything looked good and no mistakes, just waiting. Why? I have been filing my own taxes since 1999 and filed jointly the past 10 years and I have NEVER waited this long.

Kelly6294

I'm in the same boat. 2 weeks after i got a letter they needed 60 days, i got another letter saying they need an additional 60 days... Can't tell me what and if theirs anything i need to fix.  So frustrating. 

I have received no letters of any kind. I called and talked to an IRS agent. He said everything looked good and ready to go, we are just waiting.

What number did you call to speak to

someone?? I filed Jan 27th received my state about a week later but no federal. Called them

mid March they said they drafted me a letter feb 14th and I had to wait 60 days from that date to receive it or the money. Well April 14th came and went and I have no letter, no money, and no way to actually contact an actual person at the IRS. I haven’t received my stimulus payment either.

@durbic88 I haven't received mine stimulus nor my taxes I'm getting frustrated 

I just tried to call IRS hoping someone would answer, but they still aren't taking live calls.. 

Still half closed any of us that took a refund anticipation loan or got a advance and used the company's card for it need to enter directd info of your actual account or your probably gonna wait for mail on stimulus. I did the where's my payment and entered info now I have a deposit date of 430 into my account for stimulus . Was told to wait till may 18 for return est.

Call the IRS:  [phone number removed]  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions." 

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

@dartravens  who said to wait til May 18? I filed my taxes on Jan 29 and had to send a fax to have something removed on March 9 and still haven't heard anything back yet

I filed January 29 also accepted same day. I had to fax over a 1095a and 8962 which I did on March 10th. Still have not heard anything.  I think this is ridiculous.  I realize we are in a pandemic but some people filled way before any of this started happening.  A letter of update would be nice. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies