Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Forgot to file an extra w2 after my returns were accepted

how do i go about this ? Do i just wait for the 1040x form to be released?I am totally clueless.One w2 came in first so i just did that one and then the other came a week after i did not think i would have to file it since i worked for less than a month on the one i received late.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Yes, you will have to wait and amend your tax return.  Just note that your original return will be processed as filed and the amended return will show the difference- so if you currently have a refund, you will get it but you will want to wait until you prepare the amended return to be sure you do not have to pay the money back.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Awesome thank you! It said on turbotax that the 1040x form was to be released o the 8th...but it still has not correct?

Unfortunately, TT twitter account is now saying the form won’t be available with TT support until Feb 22. The form is already available on the IRS website but doesn’t walk you through like TT does. You should sign up for the email alert, as TT will let you know when it’s ready.

Thanks so much for the info...also i recieved about 110 less than it says on my federal that i was to recieve...any guidance on that?the state did come in full.

@Alejandrito928 wrote:
Thanks so much for the info...also i recieved about 110 less than it says on my federal that i was to recieve...any guidance on that?the state did come in full.

My only thought would be that you were somehow charged for the TurboTax service and didn't realize it. A lot of times, they try to make you upgrade to higher services without you really noticing. Also, they will charge you a sum if you decide to pay for these services using your return, which comes out of your federal return and not your state. It will charge you whatever the fee is twice, one for federal and once for state, and then charge you a fee to pay for the bill using your return.

That would be my only thought. If that isn't the case - I would connect with the IRS once you submit your amended return because you might be owed other money due to that second W-2 anyways. They will be able to help you.

Ok thanks so much for the info really appreciate it
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies