Filing a amended return for sales tax on a car in 2017

Is filing an amended return for sales tax on a car worth the effort and cost? I didn't  know I could use the $2075 in tax paid.

It depends on if you took the Standard Deduction or Itemized deductions on your 2017 return...and your tax bracket.  For example, if you are in the 15% tax bracket and Itemized deductions, it's possible you could get a refund of 15% of that sales tax.  However, this only works IF on the Schedule A (Itemized Deductions) you claimed sales tax and not the state "income" tax deduction (line 5).   I would suggest looking at your tax return to confirm you itemized on Schedule A, then look at line 5 of that form and see what would be higher...sales tax or income tax.   Hope that helps with your decision.

Thanks for the reply. I have not be able to Itemize for a long time so I am guessing  my return will stay the way it was.

If that is the case, then yes, it's unlikely it would benefit you.  You're welcome!