turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filed my taxes on January 30, still says processing and I can not reach the IRS!

How do I find out more information
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

Filed my taxes on January 30, still says processing and I can not reach the IRS!

I am having the same issue. Federal Return was accepted Feb 14th, estimated federal refund date March 7th. Haven't received anything as yet, and been checking the IRS2GO app and on the website for the "Get my refund status". I finally decided to call today to see if there was maybe an issue with my filing (I e-filed through TT), and it seems the IRS customer service line is down because you just get a recording. I am hoping that there is no actual issue with my Tax filing, and that it's just a delay due to the IRS having to send out stimulus checks.

I did however get my stimulus check on the 12th of March (late in the evening), on my new Turbotax card. When I filed my 2020 in Feb I applied for the TT card, first time doing it this way instead of using direct deposit with regular bank. So I got my stimulus before Tax refund on my new card lol, figured it would be the other way round.

My refund status says this, "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available."

I even logged into my account on the IRS website to check to see if there's a transcript or anything of my 2020 filing, and it seems that every year is there but 2020 😕 not sure whether to worry about this or not but I would assume it's still being processed 🤔

Seems though from googling "not received tax refund after 21 days" there's been a lot of people in the same boat. Just frustrating hearing of people who received there's after just a week or two of filing, and early filers like myself still patiently waiting.

I am getting the same message! Just processing for weeks. A few people I know that filed a couple weeks ago already received their tax returns. It’s so frustrating. I literally filed the day I got my W2.

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

The IRS issues most refunds from e-filed returns in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review.

To find out where your refund is, first check your e-file status. If it's been accepted, you can begin to track your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund? site. You'll need your Social Security number or ITIN, filing status, and the exact amount of your refund to check your status.

For some taxpayers, PATH Act requirements and other identity-protection safeguards implemented by the IRS may account for longer wait times.

Other things that can delay your refund include, but are not limited to:

• Liens, back taxes, or refund offsets
  • Errors, inconsistencies, or missing information
  • Identity fraud
  • Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which can take 11-14 weeks to process

Also, if you chose direct deposit, your financial institution may need another day or two to post the refund to your account, so keep that in mind.

@vb4308

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have been in circles with the IRS to go site, it only posts processing. No new information ever. 

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Please see What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days? for information what to do and why it might take longer.

@vb4308

It's so aggravating waiting on it to come and it not show up when the website said it would be here. I went to the irs page and now it says I am not putting in the right information. I really need to talk to someone in the IRS.. 

I’ve tried calling 20 plus time and it just hangs up on me... it’s a crappy system and so frustrating...

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.     So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.    It should then transfer you to an agent.    @vb4308

Tried and still trying to call IRS, but get a instant voice recording that the lines are to busy and try again later. So I'll keep trying lol

AmyC
Expert Alumni

The IRS processes your refund. If your refund included earned income credit, additional child tax credit, or stimulus, your refund is expected to be delayed. See Why is my IRS refund taking longer than 21 days?

Same here. I have called over 200 times and I have been hung up in every single time by irs. Their phone lines are not working. Tax expert please help. No notice received at this time and it’s been over 33 days since I’ve electronically filled and accepted. Thanks I’m advance!! 

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

@Laurenhaleyf

The IRS says that it will issue 9 out of 10 refunds to taxpayers in less than 21 days.  However, if: 

• You have e-filed your 2020 Federal tax return,
  • You are claiming a Recovery Rebate Credit (RRC) on line 30 of the 2020 1040 tax return, and
  • Your tax return has been accepted by the IRS. 

We suspect that the IRS will scrutinize stimulus payments that were issued against the tax returns that claim the Recovery Rebate Credit.  We do not know how much delay that the IRS will incur in such cases.

IRS live phone assistance is extremely limited at this time.  For stimulus payment questions, call 800-919-9835.  For refund questions call 800-829-1040.

Follow the TurboTax COVID Tax Center and the IRS Economic Impact Payment Information Center for further developments.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies