turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gpna12
Returning Member

Error by turbotax federal return line 12 adding schedule 3 tax that is in error.

After I completed the TurboTax federal and state returns and before I e-filled I printed my returns. When I e-filed (first day available) the federal tax return refund was changed by $20. This due to a TurboTax software ERROR on line 12 where a $20 tax was added from Schedule 3. Such a schedule was never submitted by me. Total error on the software. TurboTax stole $20 of my refund. NEVER AGAIN.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Error by turbotax federal return line 12 adding schedule 3 tax that is in error.

that doesn't make sense.  Schedule 3 are credits so it would suggest that your refund was increased by $20...... or was there something on line 12 when you printed form 1040 that wasn't there upon e-filing.  Did you run the final check before or after printing?

shirl
Returning Member

same here except my credit was $13 for a fee $39 $39 and $39 for taking fees from my refund so it is greater much greater then the credit, so i refused to pay it

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies