turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

EIP Stimulus: How can I give them the corrrect information?

For my 2018 taxes, I had my refund direct deposited into my bank account.

Later in 2019, the bank I use was bought out, and as a result my account number had been changed. Routing is still the same.

In 2020, I filed my 2019 taxes, and as a student, I had a very low income, and received no refund- nor did I owe anything. So no new DD info was transmitted.

I waited for the "Get My Payment" tool to open on the IRS website.  I logged into it and it said I was eligible to receive the stimulus payment, but they needed new DD info.

I filled out the information, but then it asks if I got a refund, or had to pay.  Since this is a required entry I selected "Refund" and input 0 as to the refund amount.  And entered my new DD info.

The system seems to accept the info, but then says there was technical difficulties, and then gave error code 109.  Tells me to try again later.

I thought, maybe it is still basing the info off of my 2018 taxes.  I input that info, and it tells me that the info I supplied doesn't match their records. 

Out of curiosity, I tried to fill out the information on the "non filers link", but then when I transmit the information it says that they have already received my taxes for this year, and then logs me out.  

So this leads me to think that:

1. the info they are looking for is from my 2019 taxes

2. they know and have identified that I have filed taxes for both 2018 and 2019

3. there must be a problem with the part of the form where I choose "refund" or "owed", as neither fit my situation.

There is literally no one I can speak to about this.  If I have to wait for a check, fine.  But I would much rather have the DD, for reasons beyond just convenience and time saved.

Is there anyone else having this weird problem? Is there anyway that I can get my DD info to the IRS?

Thanks for the help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

Please check back into the Get My Payment link after 24 hours.  

IRS just opened this link and the website is very busy, so there may be issues with the website do to the amount of traffic.

It is our understanding that if IRS does not have DD information, checks will be mailed, beginning in a few weeks and if taxpayers do not receive the correct amount, that will be reconciled, and additional refunds sent, if necessary, on the 2020 tax return filed in the Spring of 2021.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

Please check back into the Get My Payment link after 24 hours.  

IRS just opened this link and the website is very busy, so there may be issues with the website do to the amount of traffic.

It is our understanding that if IRS does not have DD information, checks will be mailed, beginning in a few weeks and if taxpayers do not receive the correct amount, that will be reconciled, and additional refunds sent, if necessary, on the 2020 tax return filed in the Spring of 2021.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

OP Update, for anyone with the same situation..

The IRS finally updated my "Get My Payment" portal.  Now, I no longer have the ability to update my DD info, and instead am advised that a check has been scheduled to be mailed out this week.

Would have much rather had the opportunity to have the stimulus deposited in my account directly, but at least I know whats going on.

Thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies