turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Early 2020 Return Accepted Before Feb 12th Opening?

Indeed you are correct, it was received today (early this morning).  But the status in for my transcript was updated on Friday the 12th.  Wednesday was 17th and if they were doing updates properly my status on "Where's My Refund" should have updated to at least approved, from received.  But it did not.  I mean I am totally happy having my refund!!  I am just saying that "Where's My Refund" is generally rubbish (or at the very least too slow) when you can do a little extra work (proper authentication with IRS) and get a Transcript account.

But you just keep drinking that Kool-Aid from the IRS and about "Where's My Refund" 😉 

@RichardTx 

My WMR from past years experience has been spot on timing being a day after my transcripts came through but can't really say that for everyone. How ever this year it seems like WMR is a total waste and useless.  Why IRS is not updating WMR until February 22nd is odd and can only assume they are wanting to update WMR for everyone on the same date not matter when transcripts came through. ..

Also with these ''professional'' tax experts, you'll only get a copy and pasted answer that came from the main page of the IRS. They really don't know much other than copy and paste. 

@caron1981 

True, WMR has been slightly better in years past but never as fast/reliable as transcripts.

As for the experts, you are spot on the mark! Bless their little hearts. Though I'm surprised my eyes haven't gotten stuck in my head from rolling them LOL

846 code on tax transcript is the direct deposit code 

IF THIS HELPS GIVE ME CHEERS

@RichardTx  yes I was talking to you I thought it tagged you.

How do I look and see the transcript for mine ? I’m hoping I will get mine the 22nd as well !! Wtg ‘ congrats ! Tax season is stressful enough even more this year then ever !! 

Awesome !! Thank you for the info !! Hope everyone gets there’s soon. God knows we need the money !  

Just and update. I checked my transcripts this morning and I have a DDD of 2/24!!!!

I am still showing one bar on IRS tracker. 

My return says approved on Turbo tax... but when I check the federal site it doesn’t even say approved.. it says pending... help!!! Last year I didn’t even receive my taxes. So I want to make sure I do this year 😭 

As well does anyone know how long it can be to receive the federal taxes and Utah taxes? 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

It varies, but normally it takes 24-48 hours. Also, the identity-protection safeguards implemented by the IRS in recent years may account for longer wait times. Eventually, you will receive an email letting you know whether or not your return has been accepted or rejected. TurboTax FAQ "What does Pending mean? "states, "Pending simply means that your e-filed return is on its way and that the government hasn't accepted or rejected it yet. If you e-filed your return in January, it'll stay in Pending status until the IRS starts processing the backlog of returns. After January, e-filed returns generally sit in Pending status for 24-48 hours before coming back as either Accepted or Rejected. Sometimes state returns stay in Pending for several days or even longer. If you contact the government or try to look up your refund status while your return is still pending, don't be surprised if they tell you "no record found." This is normal; until the government starts reviewing and processing your return, they won't have any record of it."

What does "Pending" mean? What does "Pending" mean?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@Mswright79  here is the link https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

You will need to enter personal information to setup an account and then you can download and view transcripts 

@TreasureMartin  I don't reside in Utah, but My IRS is still under Received Return, Turbo Tax says it's approved.

Just checked my online bank and I'm now showing that my refund is deposited (pending).

Lucky you. I'm not even positive which transcript I'm supposed to be looking at 2 of them say N/A but my account transcript is up and there isn't a 150 code at all. Just stimulus check deposits. So frustrating 

If I got a TurboTax advance will the rest of my refund deposit on the card was sent? My refund was excepted on the 12th ur website says will deposit on February 22nd is that correct? The end site says they can't give me any info at the time what does that mean?

I know that if you got an advance, the remainder will go on the card

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies