Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dialfred
Returning Member

Desktop program not working. need to correct entries on forms but no changes accepted

How to contact tech support when forms will not accept changes
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Desktop program not working. need to correct entries on forms but no changes accepted

first try some troubleshooting steps of your own. save the return and reboot. do not reopen TurboTax. when the file was opened before the app creates a backup preceded by a til ~ should be something like ~xxxxxx.tax2020.

make a copy of it. then double click on the copy and see if that works.   if so you can rename it to whatever you want when you save it. if this doesn't work 

here's the contact web page

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/   

dialfred
Returning Member

The problem was that the program is very slow in some things. So when I did the Smart Check and had some entries to correct there was no little box on top to put in the corrected entry. No info was given anywhere I could find that if you right click on a box on the forms you can Override the entry & correct it, and also uncheck a box if it shouldn't have been checked.

The errors I had to correct this year were because our investment download wasn't completely understood by the program & some entries were put in wrong, so I had a bunch to correct.

Now I know that right clicking does have different functions when using TurboTax.

Nothing is perfect, I still trust TurboTax to end up with the right information to send in

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies