Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Delayed tax refund an stimulus check

I filed my taxes on March 30th.  My state refund came in a week.  I am still waiting for both my federal refund and stimulus check.  I suspect the IRS will not release my stimulus check until they process my 2019 return.  Why didn't they just default to 2018 to release my stimulus check???  And it should have been processed in 21 days.  I know the IRS is overwhelmed but isn't this ridiculous???

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends.

The payments are independent of each other.  

Your income tax refund is based upon your filing.  You can check the status of your federal income tax return refund using the link below.

Check my refund status

The IRS has just started issuing the stimulus payments and is working as quickly as they can to issue the payments.  If you have not filed your 2019 return, your stimulus payment will be based off your 2018 tax return.

What does the stimulus package mean for you?

The payment of the stimulus funds can be tracked at the following website:

Check status of economic payment

Please see the following for facts related to the payments as processed by the IRS.  

FAQ for Economic payments

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends.

The payments are independent of each other.  

Your income tax refund is based upon your filing.  You can check the status of your federal income tax return refund using the link below.

Check my refund status

The IRS has just started issuing the stimulus payments and is working as quickly as they can to issue the payments.  If you have not filed your 2019 return, your stimulus payment will be based off your 2018 tax return.

What does the stimulus package mean for you?

The payment of the stimulus funds can be tracked at the following website:

Check status of economic payment

Please see the following for facts related to the payments as processed by the IRS.  

FAQ for Economic payments

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm not sure I agree with you.   There is no reason for my stimulus check to be delayed.  I filed my 2018 and 2019 returns but filed my federal return for 2019 on March 30th.  So if they're "independent of each other," and the IRS has my direct deposit info, I should've received the stimulus check already!

Ok - all of a sudden when I went to the page to check the status of my stimulus check (I have checked numerous times over the past two weeks), instead of saying "status not available," it now says we're eligible but for whatever reason, they didn't have my bank account information, etc.   VERY odd, because for my 2018 return (the asked for AGI and bank info), that info was furnished by TurboTax last year!!!   Either way, I provided the info so perhaps my stimulus check will be coming soon!

bbags19
Returning Member

Filed jan 26 2019. Havent received tax refund or stimulus please i have 2 children and this waiting is obsurd

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies