turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

@Beajherndon I talked to an agent and they told me the exact opposite it will be a check

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

Crazy, huh! I stayed on 25 min so he could ask a senior agent. He said info changed from yesterday to today and there is no perfect answer until we see a deposit. I agree with everyone that the first person to see a deposit on their card, should post it.  If it does not deposit onto the Turbo Card, I believe the TC will see a lot of exodus

That's is what I had gathered from what they had said as well. Even if Santa Barbara tpg took out the fees as long as you had it direct deposited you should also have the stimulus direct deposited. My personal bank info is on my 1040. I guess we will know more tomorrow if the payments are actually set to process today. Whenever someone gets thier stimulus please post the method you used when filing your taxes. Thanks so much answers are coming one way or another possibly in a matter of hours. God bless you all and please stay safe and healthy during these times that none in our lifetime has ever experienced in any way shape or form. There is nobody alive that has ever went through anything like this so I just pray for our country and the world to fight and eradicate this virus as quickly as possible so.we may all get back to some form or normalcy.

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/ not true they said them self they wernt 

That wasn’t a ss # it was the same # posted 

Has anyone tried calling their bank or TT card to see if there's a pending deposit?

I sure have. 

I agree I will never use them again!

@mrkprrt23  because TURBOTAX set up your card knowing that is where the money is going IF/WHEN the IRS accepts it. They don't have time to wait till after acceptance. All your filing is set in order the moment you apply. whether its 3000 or 0 dollars is not the concern. the concern is setting up a place for it to go

ha i was on 2 and the put me on hold to "talk to a supervisor" and then came back with that info. to be exact the put me on hold twice to confirm the answer

If you check your tax transcript and check the routing and account number. They’re exactly the same as your turbo card account info. So I. Theory it should deposit into your turbo card. In case of the account not active it will take longer. As funds will try to deposit but get denied and sent back to irs. At which point a paper check or a letter will be sent out to you.

@kraal Exactly. So using that logic, then our TT cards are issued by turbo tax and the information is given to SBTPG. On the website, it states that you will ONLY get a paper check if 1) you originally get a paper check or 2) got a card issued through SBTPG. If the account was set up by turbo, then SBTPG would treat it as a direct deposit when the send the funds to out card. In that respect, we would get our stimulus on the TTC, as per the SBTPG website

@kraal Well my account number and routing numbers match to whats on my 1040 so thats what the IRS is going b

@mrkprrt23  that was my original thinking and hopeful thinking however with SBTPG saying the stim checks will not go through them we are at the mercy of not knowing what info the actual IRS has . that is the real question being asked that is being avoided by the people that would have that answer

jodiver
Returning Member

I have had refunds from the State of California for my 2018 and 2019 tax returns. I provided my bank account information to TurboTax so that the refund could be deposited to my account. Can you please tell me if by providing it to the State for their refund, whether that means the IRS (Federal) also have access to my account information?

I’m asking because I want to know if I’m going to get my stimulus payment deposited to my bank account or if I’ll get a check in the mail.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies